Academy, Mandarins, and Madison

Who will make it in on Saturday night? Mandies have been strong out from the gate, but seem to have plateaued while both the Academy and the Scouts have recently been picking up steam. 

Academy my has been slowly closing the gap between the two groups ahead of them but need to make a 2 point jump to catch Madison. 

Each show between the 3 groups are vastly different and have unique aspects that give them the potential to take the 12th place spot. Who will take it and why?

Mandarins! I believe in new blood.

• Like 4

I'd just like to mention that while it's certainly more unrealistic, I don't think either Crossmen or Stars are 100% locks, although I'm sure I'm in the minority on that opinion. Both shows have so many strengths that make them solid bets, but weak captions (Stars GE, Xmen percussion) that make them vulnerable to the three groups below them, especially given Scouts' & Academy's potential to clean their high demand books and Mandarins' ridiculously intense performance energy. I don't believe it's the MOST unreasonable thing in the world to consider the possibility that two of the three groups mentioned in this thread might be playing on Saturday night.

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

Heart says Mandarins, mind says Madison Scouts, sense of excitement says The Academy.  

Very Well put DrumManTx, says it all, and my mind and sense the same, 

• Like 1

The Californian in me wants it to be Mandarins, the traditionalist in me wants it to be the Scouts (not that this year's show is "traditional" but traditionally the Scouts are finalists and I feel bad that last year they fell out at the last moment) and the finalist viewer who likes at least one corps to provide "lighter" entertainment in me wants it to be The Academy.  Hopefully all three will have incredible performances at semis and all of the kids will leave the field feeling they gave it their all.

• Like 2

I love Mandarins and Academy, but Madison has never missed Finals two straight times, and they are the cleanest of the three, so I'm going to go with the Scouts. I'd love to be proven wrong, though!

I saw Academy last night and was pointing out things to a drump corps rookie with me. There drill is fun but lacks proper spacing throughout.  The details are important to make finals. They could also benefit from increasing difficulty in this final push.  Madison has higher level of difficulty and is more accurate.  I was impressed with the sound of academy seeing them for the first time live.  I have no horse in the race that's just my head to head comparison of them. I think Madison pulls away in last few shows.