Why Jagged Line is actually brilliant

Since the ballad soloist was originally in the back left corner, not on the jagged prop, does that mean the show meant something different early in the season?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Since the ballad soloist was originally in the back left corner, not on the jagged prop, does that mean the show meant something different early in the season?

Of course. Earlier, the idea was that the soloist was beckoning the brass to come join him in his exploration of the past, represented by performing on a concert euph, an instrument that predates the marching euph.

• Like 3

I give the bluecoat fans credit.  Even when they continually place 4th all we hear from their fans is that they are getting screwed or they are transcendent.  If there was an award for the most ardent fans i would nominate you guys.

Should we just rename this forum the Bluecoats are great and the best thing since sliced bread?  If you don't agree than obviously you are biased and don't recognize the greatness that is the coats.  

And not to be outdone the blue devils still stink and never march.  If I didn't know better I would check BD for a pulse since they obviously don't work hard maybe they are statues?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

I give the bluecoat fans credit.  Even when they continually place 4th all we hear from their fans is that they are getting screwed or they are transcendent.  If there was an award for the most ardent fans i would nominate you guys.

Should we just rename this forum the Bluecoats are great and the best thing since sliced bread?  If you don't agree than obviously you are biased and don't recognize the greatness that is the coats.  

And not to be outdone the blue devils still stink and never march.  If I didn't know better I would check BD for a pulse since they obviously don't work hard maybe they are statues?

Didn't read the last paragraph, did you?

• Like 8

4 hours ago, MikeBD said:

Actually I did.

I'm just tired of every other thread being about the bluecoats.  

Just did a quick overview count. Out of the last 100 threads with recent postings 31 we're about show sites/schedules, 9 were about modern designs/rules, 5 we're about Flo, 5 were about BD, and 4 were about Bluecoats. It was a quick count and I could be in error, but yep, you are correct, it does seem that every other thread is about the Bluecoats.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 7

TL/DR - I was eating waffles.

• Like 2

Wow. That's a book report right there.  Watch out...your interpretation could start a cult...then jagged lines would be everywhere.

• Like 1