A Suggestion for Monday and Tuesday Nights OC Championships

Indeed.  It'll be great to see them on their own stage and not as the "early in the day corps" that tend to get overlooked by people who can't sit all day for shows or want to go to practices and lot things for the big names of World Class.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Indeed.  It'll be great to see them on their own stage and not as the "early in the day corps" that tend to get overlooked by people who can't sit all day for shows or want to go to practices and lot things for the big names of World Class.

I just like the idea of watching them with a full crowd in the stands rather than a very empty Lucas Oil on Thursday morning.  

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I just like the idea of watching them with a full crowd in the stands rather than a very empty Lucas Oil on Thursday morning.  

DCI was a weeklong event for me when my son was in Capital Sound.  It's a great atmosphere. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I'll be doing my part in person in Michigan City.  But I do like the idea of a big online audience as well.

• Like 2

Just want to reiterate DrumManTx's point that FloMarching may live stream some Open Class competitions next year IF there is a good enough audience for the Open Class Prelims and Finals to justify it.  Is there anything better on TV to watch Monday and Tuesday night than some great drum corps battling it out?  Those of us who have seen some of these corps live, especially the top 6, know that you will be entertained thoroughly - and face it, after seeing the WC corps a dozen times or more live streamed, don't you want to see something fresh?  We have fresh for you!  Here's the lineup with times just released by DCI for Prelims on Monday:

DCI Open Class World Championship Prelims
Ames Field, Michigan City, IN
Monday, August 7, 2017

3:00 p.m. – Gates Open
3:45 p.m. Welcome and National Anthem

4:00 p.m. – Les Stentors - Sherbrooke, QC
4:17 p.m. – Impulse - Buena Park, CA
4:34 p.m. – Shadow - Oregon, WI  
4:51 p.m. – Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA
5:08 p.m. – Raiders - Burlington, NJ

5:25 p.m. – Intermission (34 min.)

5:59 p.m. – Southwind - Mobile, AL
6:16 p.m. – River City Rhythm - Anoka, MN
6:33 p.m. – Guardians - Houston, TX
6:50 p.m. – 7th Regiment - New London, CT 
7:07 p.m. – Gold - Oceanside, CA

7:24 p.m. – Intermission (34 min.)

7:58 p.m. – Louisiana Stars - Lafayette, LA
8:15 p.m. – Spartans - Nashua, NH  
8:32 p.m. – Music City - Nashville, TN
8:49 p.m. – Legends - Kalamazoo, MI
9:06 p.m.  Blue Devils B - Concord, CA
9:23 p.m.  Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA
9:40 p.m.  THE COMPANY - Chesterfield, UK

10:05 p.m.Last scores announced

Times Central Time Zone and subject to change.

• Like 2

Just now, RetiredMusTeach said:

Just want to reiterate DrumManTx's point that FloMarching may live stream some Open Class competitions next year IF there is a good enough audience for the Open Class Prelims and Finals to justify it.  Is there anything better on TV to watch Monday and Tuesday night than some great drum corps battling it out?  Those of us who have seen some of these corps live, especially the top 6, know that you will be entertained thoroughly - and face it, after seeing the WC corps a dozen times or more live streamed, don't you want to see something fresh?  We have fresh for you!  Here's the lineup with times just released by DCI for Prelims on Monday:

DCI Open Class World Championship Prelims
Ames Field, Michigan City, IN
Monday, August 7, 2017

3:00 p.m. – Gates Open
3:45 p.m. Welcome and National Anthem

4:00 p.m. – Les Stentors - Sherbrooke, QC
4:17 p.m. – Impulse - Buena Park, CA
4:34 p.m. – Shadow - Oregon, WI  
4:51 p.m. – Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA
5:08 p.m. – Raiders - Burlington, NJ

5:25 p.m. – Intermission (34 min.)

5:59 p.m. – Southwind - Mobile, AL
6:16 p.m. – River City Rhythm - Anoka, MN
6:33 p.m. – Guardians - Houston, TX
6:50 p.m. – 7th Regiment - New London, CT 
7:07 p.m. – Gold - Oceanside, CA

7:24 p.m. – Intermission (34 min.)

7:58 p.m. – Louisiana Stars - Lafayette, LA
8:15 p.m. – Spartans - Nashua, NH  
8:32 p.m. – Music City - Nashville, TN
8:49 p.m. – Legends - Kalamazoo, MI
9:06 p.m.  Blue Devils B - Concord, CA
9:23 p.m.  Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA
9:40 p.m.  THE COMPANY - Chesterfield, UK

10:05 p.m.Last scores announced

Times Central Time Zone and subject to change.

Was literally about to post the schedule, JUST copied it.  

• Like 2

Another reason to watch, competitive excitement!

• Vanguard Cadets and Blue Devils B were well under a point away from each other in their last meetup and their recent scores even at different shows have been neck and neck with each other.  Blue Devils B dominated early on but Vanguard Cadets pulled ahead when they traveled out east.  
  • Legends and Music City have been pretty much tied at their last two meetups, .35 and .025 separated them at their last two meetups with both of them winning one of those, who will medal?  
  • Spartans could be in that conversation too, they were incredibly close to Music City at their last head to head only .15 behind Music City.  
  • 6th place seems to be a total tossup between Louisiana Stars, Gold, and 7th Regiment.  Louisiana Stars are posting easily their highest scores ever currently about 4 points above where they ended last year at OC Championships.  Gold has been very close behind the LA Stars at their only head to head at .25 behind the Louisiana Stars.  7th Regiment started the week a little behind these two but last night made up some serious ground placing .325 behind the LA Stars.  
  • Guardians and River City Rhythm have been pretty close in their last two meetups, I'm picking Guardians to really surge at the end because I think their show design is relatively very strong but River City Rhythm has posted some great scores as well.
  • Southwind is returning for their first Championships since 2007 in California, they've been scoring very well the whole season.  A bit harder to place since they haven't had a ton of head to heads with River City Rhythm but they're solidly ahead of......
  • Raiders who seem to be the solid 12th place corps.  

So honestly, I can't really say for certain who is gonna end up where.  Then you throw in The Company who posted a very impressive 71.45 last night which if you compare numbers puts them right in the middle of this pack.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1