A Suggestion for Monday and Tuesday Nights OC Championships

44 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I hate Indiana.Why does that small sliver have to be a different timezone....

It was interesting two summers ago when hiking on Newfoundland to be in a time zone that was off by a half-hour from the rest of the Maritime provinces (themselves an hour ahead of Eastern time).

I actually loved going to Ames field there in Michigan City.  Went two times when my kid marched open class and got to see his corps win the gold.  It is quite a thrill to see your kid march into that coveted center spot at retreat!  Every bit as compelling as WC retreat.  It is long about time more viewers got to see these shows.  And the quality of the corps has just exploded since open class started being judged on the same sheets as world.

I will definitely tune into parts of tonight and definitely finals!

• Like 1

Oh man.  Tonight was a blast.  If you can watch tomorrow you really need to.  The level these Open Class corps are starting to perform at as far down as 10th/11th is insane.  Southwind came on in the 11th slot and I woulda thought they were a World Class corps from the sounds they were putting out.  They blew me away.  And it just got better...and better...and better...and better.  

We had a blast over in the OC forum, I don't think I've ever seen that many people on an OC topic before.  We got to about 70 pages or so with a ton of great discussion.  

If you can watch tomorrow, do.  You won't regret it!  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Oh man.  Tonight was a blast.  If you can watch tomorrow you really need to.  The level these Open Class corps are starting to perform at as far down as 10th/11th is insane.  Southwind came on in the 11th slot and I woulda thought they were a World Class corps from the sounds they were putting out.  They blew me away.  And it just got better...and better...and better...and better.  

We had a blast over in the OC forum, I don't think I've ever seen that many people on an OC topic before.  We got to about 70 pages or so with a ton of great discussion.  

If you can watch tomorrow, do.  You won't regret it!  

And I just have to say the Amen to this.

• Like 1

It was a great afternoon/evening of drum corps. I didn't see much of what was happening on the field as my voluteer duties kept me mostly behind the scenes. It was once again a privilege to interact with these incredible open class perforners throughout the day. For those watching from home, you've seen the talent. Know that it is more than matched by politeness, passion, discipline, gratitude and all the other positive qualities that aren't directly evaluated by adjuticators. I jokingly said to one guard, "Okay. You all have to stop saying 'Thank you' because I'm going hoarse saying, 'You're welcome.' Tuesday will be even better!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Oh man. Tonight was a blast. If you can watch tomorrow you really need to. The level these Open Class corps are starting to perform at as far down as 10th/11th is insane. Southwind came on in the 11th slot and I woulda thought they were a World Class corps from the sounds they were putting out.  They blew me away.  And it just got better...and better...and better...and better. 

A fair bit of growth from when I first started following Open Class in 2012. Meaning no disrespect but: Les Stentors and Racine Scouts made O.C. finals that year. And Music City and Legends were scoring ten points behind BDB and SCVC.

• Like 3