A Suggestion for Monday and Tuesday Nights OC Championships

Southwind was eye opening!  So much energy.

Looking forward to tonight!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

Round 2 begins tonight at 6:00pm central!  Hoping to see even more faces on the OC forum.  Last nights prelims discussion posted the highest amount of replies ever for an Open Class forum topic by 19 pages as of last night!  

I plan on watching tonight.

• Like 2

I will be watching tonite too. I agree with DrumMan Tx completely on this. Some of these Corps put out some of the most entertaining shows in ALL of Drum Corps. I usually try to catch some of Open Class when its on live or stored stream. Lest we forget, some of these Open Class Corps top the World Class Division Corps, each and every season now since DCI allowed these Open Class Corps to compete in the prelims together with the World Class Division Corps. I even recall a few years back being able to watch in the archives the stored performances on DCI's Fan Network. Wow.. some of those shows from the Open Class Corps were really, really entertaining.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I will be watching tonite too. I agree with DrumMan Tx completely on this. Some of these Corps put out some of the most entertaining shows in ALL of Drum Corps. I usually try to catch some of Open Class when its on live or stored stream. Lest we forget, some of these Open Class Corps top the World Class Division Corps, each and every season now since DCI allowed these Open Class Corps to compete in the prelims together with the World Class Division Corps. I even recall a few years back being able to watch in the archives the stored performances on DCI's Fan Network. Wow.. some of those shows were really, really entertaining.

I've just got to say an Amen! to the brother's comment about OC putting out some of the most entertaining shows in ALL of drum corps this season.  We had so much fun last night on the thread "talking" to each other because most of us hadn't seen some of these corps yet and to see them for the first time at the end of the season - well, there were a LOT of jaw dropping moments.  We were trying to outdo each other with superlatives! So again I invite those of you who have been taken captive by the dark side to cast off your chains of skepticism and come over to the happy place, even if just for tonight.  I think you will be glad you did.  Peace, Love, and Positivity (thank you kAngel on YouTube).

• Like 4

For what it's worth, the bit about FloMarching comes mostly from me, I think. I emailed them about two weeks ago asking about the feasibility of covering Open Class corps, especially since so many of the south and eastern ones were more or less shut out of World Class shows this season. Their response was to say they were indeed looking into it for next season, and they would be keeping a close eye on how well Open Class prelims and finals did to help them decide if it was worthy of expansion. I've been spamming out the DCP Facebook page and Reddit pleading for people to watch, as I firmly believe and support the mission that this level of music education deserves a worthy stage.

So PLEASE watch. First of all, you're just flat out missing some amazing drum corps if you don't. There are some REALLY great things happening in Open Class (especially Southwind, says the homer). Secondly, support the growth of the activity! The Open Class corps you see today may be the champions of tomorrow. It wasn't that long ago (sssshhhh, it WASN'T that long ago) that I was competing head to head with Carolina Crown, Blue Stars, and Mandarins on a nightly basis during the summertime. Now I see those groups competing on Saturday night, and it makes me love this activity even more.

Just watch! It won't be wasted time, I guarantee.

• Like 6

Congrats Vanguard Cadets!!!