A Suggestion for Monday and Tuesday Nights OC Championships

22 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

If you can, watch the OC Championships stream.

Just commented to some friends at lunch today that it seems like something is missing for the evenings after drum corps events Fri and Sat. (And before I watch live on Thu.) I had forgotten about Open Class and Flo. So thanks for the notice. I'll be able to tune in for most of these shows.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I just like the idea of watching them with a full crowd in the stands rather than a very empty Lucas Oil on Thursday morning.  

I'll be in that empty Lucas Oil Stadium. I did not get to see Les Stentors this year since they had a different tour this year. Can't miss this corps with so much heart. Personally, I don't think you get the full effect of DCI in Indy if you are not present for the first corps on Thursday, the last corps on Saturday, and every show in between.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I'll be in that empty Lucas Oil Stadium. I did not get to see Les Stentors this year since they had a different tour this year. Can't miss this corps with so much heart. Personally, I don't think you get the full effect of DCI in Indy if you are not present for the first corps on Thursday, the last corps on Saturday, and every show in between.

I would totally watch all day in Thursday if I ever get my butt up to Indy, but I just know talking to friends who have marched/attended Open Class championships that stadium in Michigan City is just a great and energetic atmosphere to perform and watch in.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I would totally watch all day in Thursday if I ever get my butt up to Indy, but I just know talking to friends who have marched/attended Open Class championships that stadium in Michigan City is just a great and energetic atmosphere to perform and watch in.  

Definitely better for these corps to perform in a pretty full small venue than a pretty empty large venue.

20 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Same thoughts here... when/if I get a chance to make the trip, I'd like to see the Monday/Tuesday stuff plus all day Thursday. Then I'd be happy to head for home Friday to avoid battling too much summer weekend traffic.  LOL.

Here are the schedules for both of tonight's streamed events interpolated and adjusted to show all times as Eastern:

5:00 p.m. – Les Stentors

5:17 p.m. – Impulse

5:34 p.m. – Shadow

5:51 p.m. – Colt Cadets

6:08 p.m. – Raiders

6:59 p.m. – Southwind

7:16 p.m. – River City Rhythm

7:33 p.m. – Guardians

7:40 p.m. – Rhythm in Blue exhibition [Massillon]

7:50 p.m. – 7th Regiment

7:57 p.m. – Boston Crusaders [Massillon]

8:07 p.m. – Gold