2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

River City Rhythm 65.700
Raiders 63.525
Shadow 60.925
Colt Cadets 62.000
Impulse 57.550
Les Stentors 54.725

Scores seem to be running pretty close to Tuesday's scores.  Corps like Pio, JS, etc may need to step it up to stay in the top 30.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Love me some Incantation and Dance.  Follow it up with Make You Feel My Love?  Sold!

Someone with more knowledge please correct me here, but it seems like 7th is smaller this year.  Is that the case?  Any issues with recruiting this year?

Yes, send more people our way!

The Conpany is so bright and fresh. Both in look and sound 

2 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

Yes, send more people our way!

What is their membership base mostly comprised of in terms of geography? I'm assuming it's very largely CT based members, and that perhaps they're doing a lot of recruiting in MAC and US Bands?  Have they tried doing any recruiting at NYSFBC or NESBA shows?  I know the Spartans kind of have the edge on the NESBA side, but couldn't hurt to try either.  I feel like a lot of kids especially from NY end up going the DCA route because it's convenient location-wise.

Edited by Musicman1084

2 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

What is their membership base mostly comprised of in terms of geography? I'm assuming it's very largely CT based members, and that perhaps they're doing a lot of recruiting in MAC and US Bands?  Have they tried doing any recruiting at NYSFBC or NESBA shows?  I know the Spartans kind of have the edge on the NESBA side, but couldn't hurt to try either.

Big issue in the northeast is late school schedules.  NY goes until the last week in June!

Edited by gadaveb2003

I'm liking Company's show. Thanks for coming over from England. Very nice selection of music. Love the uniforms. Those props in the back now (the aqua blue platforms) are neat because they can stand on them or set them in a form while adding color to the show. Definitely an older corps. More of an all-age group and certainly not a typical age bracket you would see coupled with these Open Class corps.  Not sure how all that is getting judged, but I appreciate their show. Nice to see them.