2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

Ok. Pioneer cleaned up nicely. I really wish the vocalist's mic hadn't cut out, she truly was the musical high point of the show (and one of the most talented vocalists I've ever heard on the field). While Guardians & Southwind of course had much more audience-friendly shows, I think Pio cleaned enough to stay safely ahead of both. I imagine they'll hang under 7r, Gold, & The Company, though. 68 - 69.

ok so far:

SCV Cadets 81.5

BDB 80.175

Legends 76.8

Music City 75.95

Spartans 74.35

LA Stars 71.563

Gold 70.1

The Company 70.038

7th Regiment 69.8

Southwind 68.838
Guardians 67.838

River City Rhythm 65.700
Raiders 63.525

Colt Cadets 62.000

Shadow 60.925
Impulse 57.550
Les Stentors 54.725

lotsa room.....SCVC lost 2 sheets...wow!

Hopefully everyone enjoyed Pioneer's 2017 production!  

Just a quick reminder that we're still trying to raise funds to help the corps recover from an incident last month that totaled the RV used by our staff and administration.  As of today, we're only 10% to our goal of $30,000.  Any amount that you can contribute would be greatly appreciated.

Get more information on how you can help at the link:
https://www.chuffed.org/project/pioneer-staff-camper-vehicle

-OR-

Click Here to Donate Via PayPal

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, drangin said:

However entertaining that was, Pioneer is the new poster child for why wireless mics should be banned by DCI. How much does it suck to know that you mic is sucking and you have to listen to continue to suck for the next two minutes?

Every professional newscaster uses double mics.  hmmmm?

15 minutes ago, AlexL said:

Worth noting, between the last score and finals last year cascades went up 4.088, surf went up 1.088. 

If Cascades see a similar rise as last year, they will be fine. Hoping they do, given they already lost a show this week and they don't do a ton of shows to begin with. 

These are corps that usually go on early in their World Class competitions.  There's a big difference when you go on after a lot of other corps.  Almost all of the lower World Class corps scores go up in the Prelims competition and drop a little if they make semis.  I think it's a natural outcome of how many scores have been laid down by the judges before you compete.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

ok so far:

SCV Cadets 81.5

BDB 80.175

Legends 76.8

Music City 75.95

Spartans 74.35

LA Stars 71.563

Gold 70.1

The Company 70.038

7th Regiment 69.8

Southwind 68.838
Guardians 67.838

River City Rhythm 65.700
Raiders 63.525

Colt Cadets 62.000

Shadow 60.925
Impulse 57.550
Les Stentors 54.725

lotsa room.....SCVC lost 2 sheets...wow!

I think Colt Cadets and Shadow's scores were initially reported incorrectly. DCI.org has them flipped from above. 

Just now, barigirl78 said:

These are corps that usually go on early in their World Class competitions.  There's a big difference when you go on after a lot of other corps.  Almost all of the lower World Class corps scores go up in the Prelims competition and drop a little if they make semis.  I think it's a natural outcome of how many scores have been laid down by the judges before you compete.

Absolutely.