2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

Just now, Eleran said:

yeah, but they aren't playing that sweet Giacchino solo

The first corps to pull that off will get huge GE. 

Ok. After The Union & The Catalyst (both of which were just fine), I was a bit tepid about Crest's show this season being more of the same. Same feeling upon viewing early season videos. Seeing them live at DATR a month ago really changed my tune. And end of season now, WOW! That's really developed into a special show for PC...and holy cow can that brass ensemble play. I genuinely feel like this corps is solidly better than the last few years of Crest (and they were a great corps those years, too). Color me impressed! That was another one I wasn't expecting to move me so much. Great performance!!

• Like 2

Really sad that many of these corps 2017 performances from prelims, or even some from semis will not be on videos due to the licensing issues.  Top 12 again this year I assume, although you never know...it was so great a few years ago when we had the Fan Network with so much access to videos, audios, and then the video sets would include all the corps from Open Class and World.  :(. I know it's a sticky issue, but I selfishly wish I could have access to all of it every year at will, not just live...that's the obsessed fan in me.  Will it ever go back to that? probably not in the near future. Even On Demand that was offered last year for some of the corps but not all has mysteriously disappeared from the radar this season...haven't heard a peep from DCI.

• Like 4

Haven't seen Spirit since we were saying "this could shape up well". I'm ready to be entertained