2017 World Championships Prelims - Aug 10

1 minute ago, FenixParent said:

I'll admit I'm new to following DCI this year, but I don't get at all how Spartans is in semis ahead of Cascades or Jersey Surf. To me they are nowhere near the same level. Their show, while enjoyable, was on the level of many high school bands here in TX.

posted from the DrumScorps app

They got in entirely on the basis of their superior Visual scores.

• Like 1

SCVC beat out the non-15 WC corps for both GE and Visual... wow. I can't say I disagree with that, and wow (also second behind Troopers for Music).

Just realized the missiles in Mandarins show are actually the tips of old fashioned ink pens. Light dawns on Marblehead. 

• Like 1

I don't understand why a city the size of Atlanta can't field a more competitive corps

My bad luck is good news for DCI. I've never bought tickets in advance for BLL before (or really any movie screening ever; often it works out to my advantage, as when The Shawshank Redemption was sold out so I saw Pulp Fiction instead--not that you could typically buy tickets in advance then) and the theater's never been more than half full.

Sold out.

And I wasn't the only one being turned away.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Just realized the missiles in Mandarins show are actually the tips of old fashioned ink pens. Light dawns on Marblehead. 

Took me a while earlier this season to figure out that one too. And at Centerville, my sister was puzzled when she saw them, but her teenage son realized what they were immediately.

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

My bad luck is good news for DCI. I've never bought tickets in advance for BLL before (or really any movie screening ever; often it works out to my advantage, as when The Shawshank Redemption was sold out so I saw Pulp Fiction instead--not that you could typically buy tickets in advance then) and the theater's never been more than half full.

Sold out.

And I wasn't the only one being turned away.

I had similar issues, there were only a couple seats left in a terrible location for my theater, so i opted out. 

Of course, this theater (which was different from past years) had it on their smallest screen, so i'm not sure its an increase in demand.