2017 Open Class Championships Prelims - Aug 7

Iconic. But they seemed to roll the two IC panels out in the wrong order. Heh. They've got it set up now. 

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Raiders blew me away last year.  They were small but MAN they packed a punch.  

Yeah. I just watched that show again a few weeks ago. They were great. Can't wait to see what they have this year 

There we go. Who wants to live forever?

A little MJ!

For many years now I have been sitting by Brian, the T-Shirt Guy, during Finals week.  Brian makes it a point to change into a different shirt for each corps.  Hopefully it's a shirt sold by that corps but sometimes he has to be creative and use a shirt from a corps, often that has folded, in the general location of the preforming corps.  

As you can expect, getting a shirt representing some Open Class corps can be difficult if not impossible.  

I believe we were in Orlando one year watching Division II - III.  After their performance, three members of Les Stentors came up and sat behind us.  We struck up a conversation with them and eventually they inquired about why Brian kept changing his shirt. After a brief explanation Brian asked if their corps had any shirts for sale because he didn't see a souvie booth for them.  They informed us that the only shirts their corps had made that year were the Corps Member Shirts that they were currently wearing.

Then one of the guys took his shirt off and handed it to Brian so he would have a Les Stentors shirt to wear whenever he saw them preform.  

Many years have passed and Brian eventually was able to purchase a shirt from Les Stentors but the memory of how he got his first shirt from them always makes me smile!!!

• Like 8

The small ensemble here sounds great!