2017 Open Class Championships Prelims - Aug 7

53 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I wonder if @kevingaminwill be doing play-by-play at this show or be at the TOC show?

According to a reply on a post I made on DCP FB pleading with people to watch, he has to cover the Massillon show tonight but will be watching up until he has to leave and on Tuesday for finals.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cmchandler said:

According to a reply on a post I made on DCP FB pleading with people to watch, he has to cover the Massillon show tonight but will be watching up until he has to leave and on Tuesday for finals.

Thx!

Can't watch tonight but definitely tomorrow. Also will tune in Thursday bright and early. GO SOUTHWIND!!! Welcome back to finals week. 

• Like 3

I'm not a very good reporter but I am a lover of all these young people and a big fan of Open Class.  I will be watching via FloMarching and will try to add to the dialogue.

A little note about this week for the corps:  seems that it is a tradition during finals week for vets & age-outs to wake up the corps with a brass ensemble playing music that is one of the corps' standard warm-up songs or a traditional favorite, i.e. Phantom playing Elsa's.  On one of the Music City kid's Instagram page, he posted a video of a MC brass ensemble waking them up with "It is well with my soul" - made me tear up. 

23 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

I'm not a very good reporter but I am a lover of all these young people and a big fan of Open Class.  I will be watching via FloMarching and will try to add to the dialogue.

A little note about this week for the corps:  seems that it is a tradition during finals week for vets & age-outs to wake up the corps with a brass ensemble playing music that is one of the corps' standard warm-up songs or a traditional favorite, i.e. Phantom playing Elsa's.  On one of the Music City kid's Instagram page, he posted a video of a MC brass ensemble waking them up with "It is well with my soul" - made me tear up. 

Ours woke everyone up with "Legends" this morning. It was lovely to watch.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Spirit does this with "Georgia" on the morning of the ATL Regional. 

• Like 1

I'm watching the FloMarching stream tonight.  Can't wait to see how the scores *finally* compare with everyone in the same place.  Aside from Vanguard Cadets and BDB, everyone else has been all over the place.

As per my other requests this summer, if you're there, please give the Guardians backfield conductor on the right an extra cheer - she's mine!

Go Guardians!

Mike

• Like 3

Oh dear. The drum major for Mich City high school band almost tuned them the wrong way coming off the field.