A Reprieve on A&E (Maybe?)

32 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

here, I'll go slower for you so you maybe you get it:

IT

WAS

NEVER

A

RULE.

recaps being posted or not posted is not a rule. a rule is what happens in rules congress affecting what is and isnt legal in competition. posting or not posting recaps is a decision the group makes. it has no bearing on what happens on the field, it doesnt affect corps bottom lines financially. those are rules.

I have rules at work. one of my banks prefers if i dont buy fish and nuke it for lunch cause of the odor. it's a preference, not a rule. Same thing here. DCI preferred to not publish the recaps in their quest to inadvertanly chuck their judges under the bus. it them blew up in their faces, so they preferred to publish them again.

While I appreciate your need to break everything down to sub atomic particles so you can parse participles into an argument to support your cause of the day, you clearly don't get what a rule really is and isnt. And no I havent changed, nor should I change.

Well, since you went ever so slow with a dim witted mouth breather like me, I guess that settles it. No reply from me or anyone else is needed, as rules in DCI are never rescinded, so don't anybody come up with a couple as they won't pass your muster.  Jeff here wants OTHER examples of rules that DCI has rescinded.. not these ones. So.. if anyone else wants to inform Jeff  of rules that DCI has rescinded, forget it. DCI does not rescind rules, and if you provide two, well those wern't really two, as they were just " philosophical decisions " and really not " rules " at all or something like that. Besides, if you provide him two exmples, but he doesn't like them as they don't qualify in his mind, Jeff will just insult you for " bloviating ".  So be forwarned. Jeff's premise above is that DCI puts rules in place that are never, or rarely rescinded ( thats why he asked us to produce examples of rules that were rescinded) But don't point out where there are exceptions to this premise as he's prone to get very, very angry if you do as we can readily see.

Anyway... here are just a few rules that DCI has rescinded.. Jeff will probably have some disqualifyers as  these not really being DCI " rules " that were rescinded either, who knows.. ( or who cares ) in any event, amplification rules did not completely rescind the legal use of amplification, but it did rescind ( at the time ) and restricted the use of amplification in many instances that previously were allowed at that DCI Rules Congress. That amplificatiion " rule " adopted back then has since been rescinded now as well.

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209941163

Edited by BRASSO

5 hours ago, Sideways said:

Word of the Day - "bloviate"

By the way that is not slang for what Steve Bannon does to himself...

thanks Mooch

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Well, since you went ever so slow with a dim witted mouth breather like me, I guess that settles it. No reply from me or anyone else is needed, as rules in DCI are never rescinded, so don't anybody come up with a couple as they won't pass your muster.  Jeff here wants OTHER examples of rules that DCI has rescinded.. not these ones. So.. if anyone else wants to inform Jeff  of rules that DCI has rescinded, forget it. DCI does not rescind rules, and if you provide two, well those wern't really two, as they were just " philosophical decisions " and really not " rules " at all or something like that. Besides, if you provide him two exmples, but he doesn't like them as they don't qualify in his mind, Jeff will just insult you for " bloviating ".  So be forwarned. Jeff's premise above is that DCI puts rules in place that are never, or rarely rescinded ( thats why he asked us to produce examples of rules that were rescinded) But don't point out where there are exceptions to this premise as he's prone to get very, very angry if you do as we can readily see.

Anyway... here are just a few rules that DCI has rescinded.. Jeff will probably have some disqualifyers as  these not really being DCI " rules " that were rescinded either, who knows.. ( or who cares ) in any event, amplification rules did not completely rescind the legal use of amplification, but it did rescind ( at the time ) and restricted the use of amplification in many instances that previously were allowed at that DCI Rules Congress. That amplificatiion " rule " adopted back then has since been rescinded now as well.

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209941163

ok so I read the link. what was rescinded?

doesnt matter you'll believe what you want and spew forth to whoever feels like engaging you that day

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

ok so I read the link. what was rescinded?

doesnt matter you'll believe what you want and spew forth to whoever feels like engaging you that day

Oh, ok.. I see Jeff. Thanks for that heads up.

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Oh, ok.. I see Jeff. Thanks for that heads up.

still waiting to see what was rescinded.

8 hours ago, BRASSO said:

... here are just a few rules that DCI has rescinded..

For us simple-minded grumps here on DCP, please just name the competitive rules proposals concerning the topic of rescending prior rules which have been voted on with their results.  I will help ya start:

Was the proposal to resend and/or restrict amplification passed? Nope

Was the proposal to resend the adult sound board engineer passed? Nope

Your turn.....please keep going; but also please note that the 2016 recaps non-release experiment was not a 'competitive rule issue' but merely 'just an experiment' for just that year.

Edited by Stu

Its funny - I clicked the link and read the article.  It says right in the middle that " the proposal to eliminate A&E was ground breaking because there has never been a rule proposed that would rescind another rule.  Only rules proposals that "altered" current rules, but never to rescind a rule completely."

I think this settles the argument right there!!

Edited by Spartans87

8 hours ago, Stu said:

For us simple-minded grumps here on DCP, please just name the competitive rules proposals concerning the topic of rescending prior rules which have been voted on with their results.  I will help ya start:

Was the proposal to resend and/or restrict amplification passed? Nope

Was the proposal to resend the adult sound board engineer passed? Nope

Your turn.....please keep going; but also please note that the 2016 recaps non-release experiment was not a 'competitive rule issue' but merely 'just an experiment' for just that year.

how dare you back up my argument! people might think we are friends!!  :guinesssmilie: