A Reprieve on A&E (Maybe?)

1 hour ago, Spartans87 said:

Its funny - I clicked the link and read the article.  It says right in the middle that " the proposal to eliminate A&E was ground breaking because there has never been a rule proposed that would rescind another rule.  Only rules proposals that "altered" current rules, but never to rescind a rule completely."

I think this settles the argument right there!!

illegal use of logic, reading skills and common sense

• Like 1

DCI had 2 Percussion judges assigned for Championships and Regionals in the 2000's era. DCI rescinded that rule,.. completely... and the new rules called for just 1 Percussion judge. DCI's rules had the 1 Percussion judge format for several years. That was their rules for " on the field competition " regarding judging Percussion. Then a few years ago a new rule was proposed to RETURN to the 2 Percussion judge format.... at Regionals and at Championships. The new rule passed, and the old rule of 1 Percussion judge was completely rescinded. DCI new rule in force now has 1 Percussion judge on the field, and 1 Percussion  judge up in the box. We will see this at Indy. So the previous rules for " on the field competition " regarding Percussion judges returned to the 2 Percussion judge format, and the previous rules rescinded. This is just one MORE example of DCI rules sometimes being rescinded. There are plenty of others over the years that could be cited also. So finally, the notion that once a DCI rules becomes the rule in DCI, that the rule is never, or rarely rescinded is wholly inaccurate. But I'm done now with this topic. Those who have convinced themselves that DCI does not rescind rules that it passes are seemingly not going to be persuaded otherwise. As such, I  see no reason to further waste my time to cite even MORE examples of DCI hard and fast rules that were later completely rescinded, and new rules implemented.. and in some cases to a return to what the previous rules were . So I'm moving on from it now.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

DCI had 2 Percussion judges assigned for Championships and Regionals in the 2000's era. DCI rescinded that rule,.. completely... and the new rules called for just 1 Percussion judge. DCI's rules had the 1 Percussion judge format for several years. That was their rules for " on the field competition " regarding judging Percussion. Then a few years ago a new rule was proposed to RETURN to the 2 Percussion judge format.... at Regionals and at Championships. The new rule passed, and the old rule of 1 Percussion judge was completely rescinded. DCI new rule in force now has 1 Percussion judge on the field, and 1 Percussion  judge up in the box. We will see this at Indy. So the previous rules for " on the field competition " regarding Percussion judges returned to the 2 Percussion judge format, and the previous rules rescinded. This is just one MORE example of DCI rules sometimes being rescinded. There are plenty of others over the years that could be cited also. So finally, the notion that once a DCI rules becomes the rule in DCI, that the rule is never, or rarely rescinded is wholly inaccurate. But I'm done now with this topic. Those who have convinced themselves that DCI does not rescind rules that it passes are not going to be persuaded otherwise, and I  see no further reason to further waste my time to cite even MORE examples of DCI hard and fast rules that were later completely rescinded, and new rules implemented.. and in some cases to what the previous rules were . So I'm moving on from it now.

it hasnt been for the whole 2000's era. In fact they had it and it went away. A rules proposal didnt add the second judge the first time around. it was a mutual decision agreed to by the directors and the judging community after discussion with percussion instructors and complaints from the visual world.The decision to not use perc 2 was then made solely for financial reasons as DCi was looking to cut a few bucks 6-8 dates a year. 

Knowing the history of what you claim to be true before you claim it could be your best friend. 

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

Welll.... the enemy of my enema is my...friend. :unsure:

thanks for that dietary visual aid

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

At some point, we were talking about amplification...right?

Yes, and I'm pleased, and quite enthused!, by what I'm hearing from Hop.  But the irony keeps hitting me...hating him for his influence then and now coveting it, if his words are true and honest.

Award for the best sound system?  I think Hop may be onto something here. 

How about, for the 50 year anniversary of dci in 2021, we eliminate amps  and electronics completely?  One year only. See how it goes plus an homage to a simpler more pure acoustic time. Then revisit at the following rule congress.  Any takers?

• Like 3