DCA show Kingston, NY 8/9/2003

Another one??!!??

:lol:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary made one heck of a funny comment to one of the Cabs bass drummers at rehearsal on Saturday. To spare the drummer any further embarrassment, I will refrain from posting it here, but I was laughing for a good couple minutes. :)

That could be about any of us...so atleast that offers some level of anonimity

Mikey, let's not get into this in a public forum. It's not worth it. Besides, that's not what we're about. If you wanna debate this stuff, do it in private.

To the Bushwackers: I really love your show this year. After playing Holsinger back in 1997, I really fell in love with his compositions. Keep up the great work, and I'll see y'all soon.

To the Bushwacker low brass line: Good God you guys are amazing. Are you playing on 3 valve chromies? I love that sound. It's so much better than silver deg's. Beautiful ensemble sound. Moments of brilliance. Thank you.

Here's what we are using:

20 year old King 2 valves & 3 valve silver Degs

all with Bach 6 1/2 ALs or Yamaha 48s.

The contras are 1st generation Yamaha convertibles from 1994 with standard mouthpieces as well.

That's it. All off of the shelf.

It works well for us, so we have no need to upgrade...

yet...

I acredit most of our quality to good breeding, listerine strips and Gold Bond.

Gary made one heck of a funny comment to one of the Cabs bass drummers at rehearsal on Saturday. To spare the drummer any further embarrassment, I will refrain from posting it here, but I was laughing for a good couple minutes. :)

i can only imagine

Key Poulan

Composer/Arranger

2003 Hawthorne Caballeros (Sr. Corps)

2003 Santa Clara Vanguard (Div 1 Jr. Corps)

2003 Esperanza (Div 2 Jr. Corps)

Liz.. Another = Esperanza won Div2.

We will be doing our part in trying to give him the other. So with that said back to buzzing. (while at work Officemates love me)

Whats up Mike. Hi Key.

Anythony I'll give you the Fender bump I like playing nascar on 17..

Oh on topic.. Ummm I had a great time performing in the wet weather and I had a Hot dog with Mustard.. they were good..

And Last Boy I would love to hear what Key is writing. Hmmmm Probably some Crazy stuff. ( and I mean that in a good way) The man can write.

As for the guys review, which I had no problems with, maybe all reviewers in the future when reviewing a show should simply mention any corps in their review that they have ever been afilliated with in the past in any capacity. That way, people can evaluate the review in that context. It's just good form to do so, in my opinion.

Edited by starting line

Liz.. Another = Esperanza won Div2.

We will be doing our part in trying to give him the other. So with that said back to buzzing. (while at work Officemates love me)

that was meant as first Mike L. and then Key P. showed up in this thread B)