Game of Thrones

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Unless my counting skills have slipped, I've got the SCV at 64 brass.  If that's the case, it might be why they've added microphones.

64 plus 12 in the featured ensemble. I think Cadets is the smallest in the top 12 with 70. Phantom has 72 I believe.

I'm glad this thread got started because I've often thought it's only a matter of time before we get some GoT out on the field.  I agree it is so vast it would be impossible to whittle it down to a show.  But you could take certain aspects of it and portray them, like, say, the legacy of the Stark family, or the Whitewalkers and the Wildlings, Dani and her dragons - lol,  the treacherous Lannisters.  (Boston could totally pull off the Lannisters.)

I am quite surprised we haven't yet heard at least some quotes from that catchy triple meter theme.

In any case, no spoilers please.  I haven't watched any of season 7 yet!

3 hours ago, luv4corps said:

I am quite surprised we haven't yet heard at least some quotes from that catchy triple meter theme.

See my first post in this thread. BAC 2015.

3 minutes ago, Spandy said:

See my first post in this thread. BAC 2015.

You know, after I posted that I remembered that Boston show and thought it would have been perfect for GoT theme but I didn't know they actually used it.  I wasn't into the show then so it just got past me.  Good to know!  I'm going to have to go listen for that now!

• Like 1

the thing  feel about GoT music, and it applies to the weak half of the Zimmer soundtrack book and say most of Johannsson's stuff, is that it's excellent atmosphere music when it's supporting something dramatic but not Bold enough to be the main course. Take 'Light of the Seven,' which was a pretty popular hit from the GoT track... very effective, ideal soundtrack music...but as the focal point, it's just a lot of build-up and tinkering around with basic music devices.

just my thinking on those tracks, not to come on here and trash the idea. If anybody sketches out a 12 minutes GoT show rep, i'd listen and willingly be proven wrong.  

now if we're talking TV shows that you can build an entire show just from the original score (a single source show. gasp!):

Cowboy Bebop is the first to mind. Stars did it when they were still Div III, and pre electronics...that is a full show in spades.

the 2009 The Prisoner Reboot (surprises me too, but i'm confident it could be good). plus, think of the huge bubble props and penny-farthing cycles

the Leftovers. Richer is, for me, Zimmer with a lot of anger and anxiety and frequently more meat on the track. 

45 minutes ago, 31rabbit said:

Cowboy Bebop is the first to mind. Stars did it when they were still Div III, and pre electronics...that is a full show in spades.

Unfortunately I believe the composer has become much more strict about granting the rights to it now.

32 minutes ago, Spandy said:

Unfortunately I believe the composer has become much more strict about granting the rights to it now.

no doubt. unfortunate that all show speculations threads now need to be prefaced with *in a perfect world, with generous rights holders...*

gimme the Bluecoats playing "Ask DNA," that's all I want for Christmas.

• Like 1