The British are coming!

Hi all, 

Hope you are all well!

In just two weeks time we will be departing the UK to cross the pond to join you guys in the States! As you can imagine we are all extremely excited to be making the journey over and we can't wait to perform for you guys.

So this is our 4th tour to the States and once again we have one of the largest touring parties with members, staff and their family and friends making the journey over. We will be arriving on the 21st August into JFK. The corps will enjoy a free day in NYC before getting down to business for a solid three day rehearsal stretch before heading to Reading for our first show. As you will all know this is our first time to this show after previously performing at Bridgeport and Pennsauken. We're really looking forward to it and hope to see as many of you there as possible and of course over to Rochester for Finals where we have our largest entry to date for I&E!

Just curious to who will be at the Reading show? If you are interested we have a souvies booth which will be set up and ran by some of Kidsgrove's longest serving members including our Group President John Swindells and his brother David. They are still heavily involved in the on going Scouting activities which are ran out of our Headquarters. John has been involved in Scouting for about 63 years!

Just another fun fact for you all... we've worked out that there are 23 members which have taken part in all 4 tours... including myself! 

Make sure to like our Facebook page and keep an eye out on there as we will be releasing all the details for rehearsal sites etc, you are all more than welcome to come and watch us any time! We don't close any doors!

See you all soon!

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, Scatfish said:

Hi all, 

Hope you are all well!

In just two weeks time we will be departing the UK to cross the pond to join you guys in the States! As you can imagine we are all extremely excited to be making the journey over and we can't wait to perform for you guys.

So this is our 4th tour to the States and once again we have one of the largest touring parties with members, staff and their family and friends making the journey over. We will be arriving on the 21st August into JFK. The corps will enjoy a free day in NYC before getting down to business for a solid three day rehearsal stretch before heading to Reading for our first show. As you will all know this is our first time to this show after previously performing at Bridgeport and Pennsauken. We're really looking forward to it and hope to see as many of you there as possible and of course over to Rochester for Finals where we have our largest entry to date for I&E!

Just curious to who will be at the Reading show? If you are interested we have a souvies booth which will be set up and ran by some of Kidsgrove's longest serving members including our Group President John Swindells and his brother David. They are still heavily involved in the on going Scouting activities which are ran out of our Headquarters. John has been involved in Scouting for about 63 years!

Just another fun fact for you all... we've worked out that there are 23 members which have taken part in all 4 tours... including myself! 

Make sure to like our Facebook page and keep an eye out on there as we will be releasing all the details for rehearsal sites etc, you are all more than welcome to come and watch us any time! We don't close any doors!

See you all soon!

Safe travels to all.and  enjoy your free day  in The Big Apple .And best wishes in you quest at DCA ,GO SCOUTS 

Edited by Florida Sun

2 hours ago, SeanMcSean said:

Where are you guys rehearsing leading into Reading?  

Agreed.  Where are you guys rehearsing at?  I'd love to come out and get to know some of you!

• Like 1

Really looking forward to your visit!

On 8/8/2017 at 6:12 PM, SeanMcSean said:

Where are you guys rehearsing leading into Reading?  

We will be returning to Passaic County Technical Institute which we have used in previous tours. We will be there from 23rd-25th August.

Passaic County Technical Institute

45 Reinhardt Road

Wayne, NJ 07470

Hope to see as many of you there as possible!

Keep an eye on our Facebook for more details - www.facebook.com/kidsgrovescouts

• 2 weeks later...

looking forward to seeing my many friends again...  can't believe it's that time already...

It's really cool that Americans this year have the chance to see both The Company (in DCI) and Kidsgrove Scouts (in DCA) in person. In my case, I'll have seen each corps live twice in 2017: the former at Avon Lake and Michigan City, and the latter at (presumably) both days of DCA championships.