Why SCV should win DCI 2017

7 hours ago, dans said:

Whatever your incredibly vapant disingenuous statement means. I stand by my original statement...SCV is way overrated this season. I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid.

I'm sorry I thought this was an intelligent conversation... let me put it into the vernacular for you...  you're a self-indulgent buffoon if you make and drink your own Kool-Aid. I would say of the top five drum corps, all 5 have remarkable brass ensembles; and not one of them would I say have ugly costumes. 

Edited by Bachstrad
  • Like 3

For me, SCV should win because their music is absolutely delightfully dark and engaging, their drums should win their caption hands down, their guard is absolutely razor sharp, they use the wheels to imaginative and immediate effect and they are marching a mile a minute out there with some sharp forms.  No shade towards BD at all - they have an incredible program too, and one I find myself watching more than many of their recent shows - but I think SCV has that extra bit of "oomph" coming out that makes it feel like a championship show when you watch it. 

Mike

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bachstrad said:

I'm sorry I thought this was an intelligent conversation... let me put it into the vernacular for you...  you're a self-indulgent buffoon if you make and drink your own Kool-Aid. I would say of the top five drum corps, all 5 have remarkable brass ensembles; and not one of them would I say have ugly costumes. 

I wasn't looking for a conversation. I was simply stating my opinion regarding 2017 SCV. I have seen them 4 times and each time I enjoyed them less. That is really all I have to say on the subject. And your Kool-Aid comment was not consistent with trying to have an "intelligent conversation."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dans said:

I wasn't looking for a conversation. I was simply stating my opinion regarding 2017 SCV. I have seen them 4 times and each time I enjoyed them less. That is really all I have to say on the subject. And your Kool-Aid comment was not consistent with trying to have an "intelligent conversation."

I thought this was supposed to be a thread for positive comments, and not corps bashing. :blink: It's fine if SCV isn't your cuppa tea this year.....but I don't think that's what this particular thread is about.  

Meanwhile.... go get 'em Vanguard! This show has GOLD written all over it. The complex and masterful design and music deserve the title! Period dot. :17_heart_eyes:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dans said:

Drinking the Kool-Aid: "...used ironically/humorously to refer to one who accepts an idea/premise [opinion] due to popularity, and or peer pressure."

99.99% here in the DCI Community have favs, and yet we love watching and supporting all these wonderful organizations.

1.  "...unremarkable,"

2. "...ugly costumes..."

3. "...Ugh..."

... your opinions... your kool-aid.

10 minutes ago, Bachstrad said:

Drinking the Kool-Aid: "...used ironically/humorously to refer to one who accepts an idea/premise [opinion] due to popularity, and or peer pressure."

99.99% here in the DCI Community have favs, and yet we love watching and supporting all these wonderful organizations.

1.  "...unremarkable,"

2. "...ugly costumes..."

3. "...Ugh..."

... your opinions... your kool-aid.

What is your problem? I expressed my opinion...that is all. I'm really tired of you...leave me alone and go watch SCV.

• Like 1

I love how Blue Devils tie in Legend of the One Eyes Sailor in their percussion  at the outstart of the show... the opening Brass hits of Vanguard's Oroborus... Crown's intricately woven Fugue... Cavies' FRIGG'N sexy and incredibly talented guard... and on, and on, and on infinity... it's been a great year to watch Drum Corps!   :laughing::whip::bluedevil: