Boston Crusaders 2018

Does anyone know if Martin O'Donnell is still with BAC?

1 hour ago, 20XXMM said:

Cadets2 typically surges and they haven't had a show since the 29th..

6 minutes ago, 20XXMM said:

Was fun :) but they did just rehearse for a full 9 days, so who knows how much they've improved.

I saw their show 3 times LIVE this season...It's a nice show that I really enjoyed thematically...it needs a lot of work in several areas...I do not think it is a championship show....that said...I saw them early last season and was not impressed and look how that turned out...of course they don't have Gino this year either...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spandy said:

But back to Boston, this year far exceeded my expectations and I can't wait to see how they build on this momentum for next season!

I agree...BAC is definitely on an upward trend...for others to to deny that..well it just is not realistic...it's been a complete turn around from the last couple years for sure...no doubt...I can't be more excited for them...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I saw their show 3 times LIVE this season...It's a nice show that I really enjoyed thematically...it needs a lot of work in several areas...I do not think it is a championship show....that said...I saw them early last season and was not impressed and look how that turned out...of course they don't have Gino this year either...

They didn't have Gino last year either :bored:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 20XXMM said:

They didn't have Gino last year either :bored:

OK..did not know that...

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:15 AM, PRPhan4ever said:

Annnnnd..... here we go!  I think, all things being equal, retain same staff, get good retention/new faces in all sections next year -- ANOTHER killer design/show we'll be a REAL contender!  And, World series here we come!  Oh wait... this is DCI, oh, who cares!  

And just think, the kids who can come back would know what they are getting; NOW.  The staff is already together and quite possibly have discussed what to do about next year, over a brew or two perhaps.  Management has made it clear that they are supportive.  And BAC is in this position NOW, not in late September.

Edited by LabMaster

On 8/8/2017 at 5:06 AM, Florida Sun said:

looks like both Cadets and Cadets 2 are not having good seasons ?

If you are looking at competitive placement you are correct, though Cadets are on track to at least match their score from last year, if not exceed it. 

Cadets are having a much improved season in terms of a design perspective, one of the most cohesive shows they have put out in a long time in terms of music and imagery. And this is this staff's first time working together, it is a transitional year for them, and the fact they are close to maintaining with a completely new staff in the top 7 now is something unheard of.

Now another thing unheard of is Boston Crusaders huge jump in placement. Will they be able to maintain? Will there be any staff changes from them? I can't imagine so because the word from many is that the staff is very happy, so they likely want to build another dynasty. 

As a big Cadets fan, I am looking forward to the future of this friendly rivalry. There shouldn't be any animosity between these two corps, I feel like we can't have a conversation about Boston with talking about Cadets and as well the other way around. We should be celebrating the success of both of these organizations as both are having VERY good years, albeit for different reasons but I see no reason to be nothing but excited about the future of both organizations! 

I am not calling your post hostile towards Cadets, because it certainly is not, I would like to bring awareness to people bashing these two corps based on which one they are affiliated with. These are wonderful kids, designers and staff, who I have great respect for!

Good luck to Crusaders this week, and I am looking forward to 2018!

• Like 1

I hope Dan C. and George H. decide to take their respective Corps back to Boston's home show next season. We miss these 2 Corps performing in Massachusetts, and hope their travel plans next season will permit it. If not, Academy was a wonderful addition to this season's lineup and the Boston audience absolutely loved  their show. Boston should be able to find similar audience friendly Corps for next season as well, if these 2 Corps travel plans next season can not accommodate a trip anymore to Massachusetts,

Edited by BRASSO