Boston Crusaders 2018

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Need another Brass Spectacular at Tanglewood.

Not really, imo

• Like 1

This party definitely got started early...haha

Once again special thanks to...the 2017 Boston Crusaders!

A special tribute to Christopher Holland, Rick Woodall, Michael Woodall, Jim Cronin, Ron Lambert, Daren Delaney, MaryMason McWhorter, Stephanie Aarons, Mario Mistretta, Jackie Gaffney and the entire Boston Crusaders organization...

A wonderful thank you to the 2017 design team...Keith Potter, Leon May, Michael Townsend, Brady Sanders, Ryan George, Colin McNutt, lain Moyer, Michael Zeller

A special congratulations to Jacob Kalemba, Rico Santiago, Herbert Washington, Brady Sanders, Sally Ware, Philip Aaron Gantt, Heather Graham, Phillip Ho and Kylee Hubbard and all the wonderful WITCHES earning 3rd in guard!   WOW...you were magnificent!

The tremendously talented visual staff...Aaron Bailey, Eddy Falcon, Chris Martin, Will Young, Tyler Lindemier, Mike Wells, Kevin Morrison, Patrick Duncan, Matt Rusnak, and Scott McAnally...

The incredible ear-gasmic sound created from Gino Cipriani and crew...JP, Travis, Ryan, Evan, Jamie, Jarrett, Eric, Kendall, and Steve...and the BAC brassline...Smokin' HOT! I want to hear/see more LOT videos!

Last but not least the kick-azz percussion section along with Colin McNutt and his crew...Alex, Andrew, Moises, Brian, Derek, Chris, Tim, Adam, Efren, Andy, Neal, Taylor, Andy, Iain..

ONWARD AN UPWARD!!!!!!

2018 is practically here already folks!

• Like 5

2018 Audition Locations for Brass & Percussion (Round 1):

2018-Audition-graphic_4.jpg

Click here to register for BOA - Indianapolis

2018-Audition-graphic_1.jpg

Click here to register for Boston, MA

2018-Audition-graphic_5.jpg

Click here to register for Miami, FL

2018-Audition-graphic_2.jpg

Click here to register for Dallas, TX

2018-Audition-graphic_3.jpg

Click here to register for Houston, TX

2018-Audition-graphic_7.jpg

Click here to register for Tampa, FL

2018-Audition-graphic_6.jpg

Click here to register for Video Audition

2018-auditions_round-2.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

With all the deserved comments throughout this year, the 8 point gain over last season is not too shabby.

Its WAY better than " not too shabby ". Its a phenomenal one year gain, imo

• Like 1

On 8/13/2017 at 1:32 AM, Liahona said:

This party definitely got started early...haha

Once again special thanks to...the 2017 Boston Crusaders!

A special tribute to Christopher Holland, Rick Woodall, Michael Woodall, Jim Cronin, Ron Lambert, Daren Delaney, MaryMason McWhorter, Stephanie Aarons, Mario Mistretta, Jackie Gaffney and the entire Boston Crusaders organization...

A wonderful thank you to the 2017 design team...Keith Potter, Leon May, Michael Townsend, Brady Sanders, Ryan George, Colin McNutt, lain Moyer, Michael Zeller

A special congratulations to Jacob Kalemba, Rico Santiago, Herbert Washington, Brady Sanders, Sally Ware, Philip Aaron Gantt, Heather Graham, Phillip Ho and Kylee Hubbard and all the wonderful WITCHES earning 3rd in guard!   WOW...you were magnificent!

The tremendously talented visual staff...Aaron Bailey, Eddy Falcon, Chris Martin, Will Young, Tyler Lindemier, Mike Wells, Kevin Morrison, Patrick Duncan, Matt Rusnak, and Scott McAnally...

The incredible ear-gasmic sound created from Gino Cipriani and crew...JP, Travis, Ryan, Evan, Jamie, Jarrett, Eric, Kendall, and Steve...and the BAC brassline...Smokin' HOT! I want to hear/see more LOT videos!

Last but not least the kick-azz percussion section along with Colin McNutt and his crew...Alex, Andrew, Moises, Brian, Derek, Chris, Tim, Adam, Efren, Andy, Neal, Taylor, Andy, Iain..

ONWARD AN UPWARD!!!!!!

2018 is practically here already folks!

Absolutely agree with everything said here. The overall design and performances almost overshadowed how much improved the brass and percussion became. This corps has a very solid foundation for the upcoming year.

thank you all.  

• Like 5

WHAT A YEAR!   My, my.... what can we hope for next year?  Myself?  Just more of the same.... only BETTER!  GREAT STAFF, GREAT support crew, awesome arranging/staging, I can't wait for 2018 & be involved in any way I can now that I am able to do so.  My spouse is even contemplating driving if needed (CDL Class B & small truck certified) & we BOTH have all our updated background/child interaction credentials valid for 3 yrs!  Hopefully, we can spend a few weeks w/the corps next summer when they are on their East Coast tour.  

BRING ON 2018 ......

• Like 1

BAC: Building A Champion, Colin McNutt Extended Cut Pt. 1

http://www.flomarching.com/video/1243077-bac-building-a-champion-colin-mcnutt-extended-cut-pt-1

Nice interview! :)

• Like 3

Liahona, I recall when MW talked at the 75th about "Building a Champion".  When word got out, there was a good deal of snickering here on DCP.  Back this past spring just prior to move-in, there was another round of snickering.  "The new staff won't make a difference"....."Where will they get the mm talent"...."They MIGHT improve by a few placements, but that's it" etc etc etc

Some people might ask "What brought all this on?"  

The G7 proposal, the exclusion of Boston when they actually made the TOC cut, the arrogance of a handful of directors who said (in writing) their corps "were the show" and others "brought no value to the activity".

Now combine that with a 77 year old organization which should have completely disbanded at least 4 times in its history but refused to with a 50 member BOD, many of whom survived those years and most of whom went from being teenaged BAC members to extremely successful business leaders and professionals and there you have it.

Some look at the fire at the end of Boston's show as a cool effect.  I see it as an allegory for what has started and what is to come for the Boston Crusaders.  Colin McNutt is right...BAC IS striving to do everything better than anyone else, both on and off the field.  Boston NEVER thought of themselves as being subpar, even when they had 19 horns. 

Now, the chickens are coming home to roost.

• Like 4

The Boston Crusaders have already announced their initial camp audition dates/ locations for their 2018 Corps, and other info for prospective applicants. Its up on their website, and Liahona has also posted it on this thread above earlier this week. Such organizational efficiency.. something most have now come to expect and anticipate with the Boston Crusaders.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1