Boston Crusaders 2018

4 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

The corps has an annual golf tournament you can participate in, in a number of ways.  Check it out on their website.  If you were to play you would meet some of the leadership of the org there and possibly some of the instructional and design staff.  This year is it on September 29.

Well... Me?  A golfer?  Maybe miniature golf .... I may kill someone!  But, I was considering the audition camps and those thereafter and then a week or so in the summer.  After 4 surgeries on my back since 2012 -- I am FINALLY able to get back into volunteering as I used to.  Looking fwd to it VERY much

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PRPhan4ever said:

Thanks Brasso ... I think "Trittico" or ":Ben Hur" are great musical choices -- but there is SO much out there.... 2018 holds GREAT PROMISE!  Can't wait to be a part of it any way I can 

I would tend to agree with you too, PRPhan4ever, that " there is so much out there " for theme/ musical choices. If I had to guess, its its all no more than a guess, I would tend to think that whatever musical source material and theme choices that Boston ultimately decides on, its intent with the staff will be for it to be an entertaining, emotional, show for most audiences. Boston's 2018 Show Design staff, I would imagine, will put together a 2018 theme that is compelling, cogent, and understandable to most people that purchase a ticket to a show. And a show that marchers will love to perform. And one that can compete well on the sheets, of course. Its a balancing act, to be sure. But I have full faith and trust in this staff to do so. We'll see. 

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I don't expect we will hear anything we can speculate on until November or December.  I think we can all look forward to last years ever so successful cone of silence.  

Yes, LabMaster, Corps do go into their " Cones of Silence ".. all of 'em.. in the off season. So I'd agree, they'll not be too much info to chew on for quite awhile.

On 8/20/2017 at 0:41 AM, Jeff Ream said:

i want more Darren Delaney facebook videos

ha whoever shared this with Darren thank you...there's several reasons why I say this:

i mean he's hysterical. the box 5 shower series still makes me laugh! The crew selfies were great too

However, Darren gives great insights to behind the scenes of the activity. be it working a tunnel at Dayton, or showing what it takes to keep a corps fed, bed and moving, nowhere in drum corps to see the behind the scenes like he gives the world. Quite frankly he should be a volunteer of the year. With all of the places he's been and the various roles he's held, you see the real deal. I know the experts on here and the DCP facebook page ( the true Mos Eisley of the activity) cry about costs for uniforms and electronics yada yada, Darren shows you what it really takes. In my 90 minutes visiting him and the corps in Newville the week of East, the amount of logistics he went thru in that time to get cars fueled, food bought, other supplies purchased was amazing.And I hope my suggestions helped save them some time and money since I knew the area. 

few places in the activity give you that kind of view of what REALLY makes a drum corps run

Edited by Jeff Ream
correction
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Totally inappropriate article submission for this thread, imo, as the article it has nothing all to do with the Boston Crusaders. 

but you preferred Whitey Bulger in a later post!!!  That relates to BAC???  That's inappropriate unless you have an inside story.

Now get back to your Path of Totality (new show design for thousands of WGI units and marching bands.)

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

but you preferred Whitey Bulger in a later post!!!  

No I didn't. Thats total fiction. I never brought up " Whitey Bulger " on here at all.. And you saw how I replied to the poster that did above. Now back to the 2018 Boston Crusaders.......

Edited by BRASSO

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

No I didn't. Thats total fiction. I never brought up " Whitey Bulger " on here at all.. And you saw how I replied to the poster that did above. Now back to the 2018 Boston Crusaders.......

Guilty!

Very nice read from an article on a very wonderful young lady ( one of the DM's ) that marched Boston in 2017,( and will be returning in 2018) :

https://www.musicandmarching.com/blog/2017/8/15/a-conversation-with-kaitlin-oresky

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Very nice read from an article on a very wonderful young lady that just aged out in the Boston Crusaders this past summer :

https://www.musicandmarching.com/blog/2017/8/15/a-conversation-with-kaitlin-oresky

Did you actually read the article? If you had, you would have seen the part that said: 

2018 will be Kaitlin's 6th and final season with The Boston Crusaders. "There were plenty of times that I didn't think I was going to be able to do it anymore. My 3rd year I was struggling a lot" Oresky admitted. "But at least I never had to wonder "what if?" Thats one thing thats driven me. I'll always have the memories I've made with this Corps. 

"I'm looking forward to closure on my Drum Corps career. I'm excited for one last run, and one more group of Crusaders to welcome into the family."

• Like 1

Just now, Barneveld said:

Did you actually read the article? If you had, you would have seen the part that said: 

look above, I retyped it ( and before you went overboard). Just relax.. lol