Boston Crusaders 2018

8 minutes ago, xandandl said:

here are two more experts with Cadets' roots who have gravitated to Boston. Alum Jack was a key pit person for many years both as a member and tutor.  Cravens did phenomenal work with the 2011 corps, especially "the demons" in their role playing, musicianship, and communications of both.  Whatever corps has the benefit of their wisdom has hired true masters.

Jack was a student in a program I taught then also worked with him...quite a character bitd

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Jack was a student in a program I taught then also worked with him...quite a character bitd

yes, he was/is.

oh the stories I could tell.

Edited by xandandl
  • Haha 1

Don't know about the rest of ya. But I am "Craven" some more of the DL videos!     :felloff:

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That means he marched with my friends Collin and Geoff.  

He sure did!  Geoff was his high school drum tech and the person who opened up the opportunity for him to fill a spot in 2015.  The rest, as they say, is history.  :)  He was the baby of the group at that time and from out of town, so he bunked at Collin's parents' home every weekend.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, newBACmom said:

He sure did!  Geoff was his high school drum tech and the person who opened up the opportunity for him to fill a spot in 2015.  The rest, as they say, is history.  :)  He was the baby of the group at that time and from out of town, so he bunked at Collin's parents' home every weekend.

Great young men. 

• Like 3

On 6/10/2018 at 12:08 AM, brassdude6171 said:

also, something i noticed about listening to recordings i have already from this show in addition to the bits and pieces of the closer presented in the fb live... boston's hornline is different than most in the sense that when they play loud sustains, their sound feels like it's pushing you. almost to the point of a never ending crescendo. that's a feeling i haven't gotten from many hornlines ever. for example, when i hear crown play bruckner this year, (as much as i love bruckner) yes its an impressive sound, but it's kind of just an impressive sustain that lacks the excitement and push and drive being given by the boston hornline. 

While I don’t know much about Gino, I had the opportunity to march under Dr. T. Andre Feagin (the Brass Co-Caption head at BAC) this year in the US Army All-American Marching Band. This type of playing is JUST the way he taught. Shaping phrases ALWAYS! Ahhh brings back good memories...

Edited by Who's on first?
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Who's on first? said:

While I don’t know much about Gino, I had the opportunity to march under Dr. T. Andre Feagin (the Brass Co-Caption head at BAC) this year in the US Army All-American Marching Band. This type of playing is JUST the way he taught. Shaping phrases ALWAYS! Ahhh brings back good memories...

I think Boston is real lucky to have Feagin this year...another legend for sure! :) 

Just a side note..he also adjudicated a few weekends for the great east music festivals this year as well...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 4