Boston Crusaders 2018

16 hours ago, Who's on first? said:

While I don’t know much about Gino, I had the opportunity to march under Dr. T. Andre Feagin (the Brass Co-Caption head at BAC) this year in the US Army All-American Marching Band. This type of playing is JUST the way he taught. Shaping phrases ALWAYS! Ahhh brings back good memories...

Andre is just staff, not co-caption head. Great guy tho!

53 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I'm glad you corrected this.  I was thinking this was new news...

I was in Castleton yesterday and got to see the 8:45 run-through - 9:00 noise curfew.  I was thrilled to see the props I built being used, and in such an awesome way.

• Like 2

I was in Castleton yesterday and got to see the 8:45 run-through - 9:00 noise curfew.  I was thrilled to see the props I built being used, and in such an awesome way.

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Ah, sorry. I swear I remember hearing that back in January, but that was a while ago. Thanks for the correction 

On 6/11/2018 at 4:44 AM, brassdude6171 said:

this is what happens when there's actually funding in drum corps. you can have winter camps in florida (where over 50% of the membership resides, according to holland on facebook), spring training at a college campus in vermont with the members having access to the dorms and the college's dining hall. you can have your pick of the litter when it comes to staff and when great design is let loose to act freely and has great instructional staffs, talent frickin comes. so what we see this year will be a result of that. money talks, but in this industry, money effin' yells.

It takes a great deal for an organization to survive in this activity, and even more to thrive.  The DCI Board Consortium is a great place for organizations to share ideas.  Boston sent a sizable group this year (as did other corps).  The spirit of the event is about helping each organization meet the many challenges of fielding a corps.  The stronger each organization is, the stronger the activity becomes.  

• Like 3