Boston Crusaders 2018

On 7/4/2018 at 7:25 AM, Tim K said:

Last year those of us in the Boston area did not have the chance to see BAC in Lawrence, Lynn, or Cranston, and based in many DCP comments, the focus was not yet on the quality of the show as much as the huge improvement of the corps. Key elements such as the ending I do not believe were in place until San Antonio or at least just prior to San Antonio. This year BAC started where they finished.  Right now I’m finding the show intriguing but I also believe we will see more of an emotional pull as the season progresses.

T-

Your mailbox is full. Please adjust as I have something positive to send you. Thanks. X.

2 hours ago, craiga said:

If you're who I think you are, your son is a first year member in a section of 5..the other four being all vets.  They speak highly of him.  Hope he is having a great summer!

That is him.  Thank you for the kind words. It was a little intimidating coming in as the only rookie in a small squad of vets, but he is enjoying it very much.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, newBACmom said:

Well, we have sleeper buses, so there's that . . . and definitely have the OTC sleep aide packed!

So they're back using them again.  First had one in 15 and there was talk about how the manufacturer was working on a design to have around 48 or so beds.  I thought the corps had stopped using them.  You mentioned that they have buses, so are they up to two now?

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

So they're back using them again.  First had one in 15 and there was talk about how the manufacturer was working on a design to have around 48 or so beds.  I thought the corps had stopped using them.  You mentioned that they have buses, so are they up to two now?

I really have no idea.  This is my first gig.  I was just told that I would have a bunk.  I'll get the details tomorrow when I report for duty!  :D

• Like 1

Just now, newBACmom said:

I really have no idea.  This is my first gig.  I was just told that I would have a bunk.  I'll get the details tomorrow when I report for duty!  :D

I think in 15, some of the kitchen staff had the back section so they could get up early and exit a back door without bothering those up front.  Tell them you have a bad back so you can get a bottom bunk.  If the AC is on overnight, it might be noisy up by the ceiling and colder.

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

I think in 15, some of the kitchen staff had the back section so they could get up early and exit a back door without bothering those up front.  Tell them you have a bad back so you can get a bottom bunk.  If the AC is on overnight, it might be noisy up by the ceiling and colder.

Thank you for the tips!!

3 hours ago, newBACmom said:

Well, we have sleeper buses, so there's that . . . and definitely have the OTC sleep aide packed!

TRUST THIS...you will be so exhausted that you will probably sleep like a baby...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

8 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Hence why it took most of the season last year to ACHIEVE the book...and this year will not be ANY different..mark my words..And again I'm stepping into the guard realm...big mistake for me...haha :-)

smiley face changed for @HockeyDad :-)

For sure:

Smart staff at some point will get members to achieve or at that point alter for achievement. Those corps who beat the dead horse till the end usually only complain that they had harder work.

I only said my first comment because I watched BAC and Bloo back-to-back multiple shows in a row and it’s clear BACCG isn’t achieving what the staff wrote for them, at the moment. Too many drops from my untrained eye. But even untrained, I still know what’s hard and what’s not. This show is much more demanding than last year from what a former member in 2017 told me.

Forsure about beating the dead horse though. I’m hopeful that the staff will do what they need to do in order to be successful. They are experienced enough realize what needs to happen. The guard is also younger than last year with extra members, but they work very hard and I don’t see them falling by the end of the season.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I believe they have separate sleepers for staff, kitchen staff/volunteers, and mercy volunteers(U3).  This is the same configuration as last summer.