Boston Crusaders 2018

2 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

It is interesting of the 60 posters in the 2018 Prediction topic (that posted prior to the first show) over half predicted that Boston would improve over 2017.  Of course, there were just less half that thought they would finish 6th or worse.

But there have also been the in season thoughts based on a theater broadcast, FLO, etc. that the corps was going to finish around 6th/7th.  Some comments even after several shows scores were showing gains on the corps ahead of them.  Overall, I type this with no frustration with doubters.  Just posting an opinion.  If Boston ever wins the gold, I'll anxiously wait for Chris Holland to announce that the corps will be selling a championship ring to alumni and fans.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

so pretty much means it could have gone either way and not based in facts..so guessing there..lol

I'm sure you are probably right.  I  have not checked, but from what I saw about 95% predicted Madison in the top 12.

I have captured the early predictions and will compare each to finals.  Just for kicks and grins.

12 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

There were a few that didn't think Boston would/could improve on last year.  One called last year a fluke.  Some thought such a large jump from the previous year was all that was possible for them, and it would take much longer to get better. Many thought the reports of the corps improving over the winter was just Boston Alum/Fans hype.  Boston got better and got more talent in the ranks and the staff bumped the program up a notch.  These kids work incredibly hard.  I know that a lot or folks will say their corps work hard but over the years I had seen many corps rehearsals and these kids work hard.  And the staff runs very efficient rehearsals.

An example of the kids working is;  after the Lawrence show last week, after a long hot day in the sun, then a rock solid performance, Boston's guard came back out on the field as the stadium was emptying at 10:30 pm, and started running through some work.

Well, we all know how that jump was made. With that said All corps work incredibly hard. Was the improvement a given? Maybe, maybe not does it mean upward movement>? No not necessarily, The pre-planning  as you say efficient staff running rehearsals,  listening to judges early, smart but efficient changes if needed, drive, a basic good package to enhancements can be made instead of big rewrites and of course what other corps do or don't do all moves a corps forward, or not. BAC seems to have all the things in play to maximize success for them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

Well, we all know how that jump was made. With that said All corps work incredibly hard. Was the improvement a given? Maybe, maybe not does it mean upward movement>? No not necessarily, The pre-planning  as you say efficient staff running rehearsals,  listening to judges early, smart but efficient changes if needed, drive, a basic good package to enhancements can be made instead of big rewrites and of course what other corps do or don't do all moves a corps forward, or not. BAC seems to have all the things in play to maximize success for them. 

I agree, and would point to the Boston organization of the past 3-4 years that paved the way to have adequate resources in terms of money, staff, facilities to make success a real possibility.  Other Corps who are struggling should look to Boston as a model of how to move from good to great.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

I'm sure you are probably right.  I  have not checked, but from what I saw about 95% predicted Madison in the top 12.

I have captured the early predictions and will compare each to finals.  Just for kicks and grins.

AS I keep saying it's not just about what you do as a corps but what others do or don't do. IMO Madison is good, of course with some major flaws, some around them have improved

6 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

I agree, and would point to the Boston organization of the past 3-4 years that paved the way to have adequate resources in terms of money, staff, facilities to make success a real possibility.  Other Corps who are struggling should look to Boston as a model of how to move from good to great.

Well, Money, the root of all evil as they say BUT you're right money can buy a lot and it very much trickles down or up to obtaining things that help push someone toward success. ALthough it isn't everything more for sure is needed.

BAC seems to have captured the formula that works for them

Edited by GUARDLING

I love my corps, but it is basically the halfway point of the season. Have no assumptions as to where the corps will finish... Just enjoy the magic.

Edited by NavyCrusader
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, NavyCrusader said:

I love my corps but it is basically the halfway point of the season, so have no assumptions as to where the corps will finish... Just enjoy the magic.

smart.....and actually they have already succeeded in many ways I would also say same of Cadets

6 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

AS I keep saying it's not just about what you do as a corps but what others do or don't do. IMO Madison is good, of course with some major flaws, some around them have improved

I completely agree.  It is extremely hard to improve enough that you "keep pace" with what you did last year.  To improve your position you have to: 1) work especially hard in design and execution; or 2) be lucky in that some corps above you doesn't improve.  BD's record of consistency for the last so many years is proof of that.  As is the tendency after a great year to rely on what got you there and fall back.  Boston has not done that, they are still pushing, in design and in execution.  I commend them  (and hope they come in 2nd to the Bluecoats, to confirm my bias).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1