Boston Crusaders 2018

45 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The Boston Crusaders, much like the City of Boston here in 2018 now , is a very diverse,  multi cultural Drum Corps. It attracts marchers not only from the United States, but from all over the world. Its diversity in make up is one of its many strengths now, imo

Great city, drum corps/organization and world-wide alumnae. BAC! 2019 is going to be wicked cool, aye.

YaoLi Vimeo

• Like 3

6 hours ago, xandandl said:

With Pioneer sitting it out for the next season, finally BAC gets the chance to unleash their arrangement(s) of Dropkick Murphys.

I miss the encore piece "Shipping up to Boston"

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CorpwithanS said:

Great city, drum corps/organization and world-wide alumnae. BAC! 2019 is going to be wicked cool, aye.

YaoLi Vimeo

Agreed, corpwithanS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

I like this clip too. It didn't come out all bad on my old cell phone. I taped the encore song in 2013, and put this clip here on youtube back then in '13.

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

exactly.  I wonder what the current arranging team at BAC might do with this...maybe some mellophone runs and front ensemble features.

• Like 1

I miss Cheers, The Lucky Seven, Union Brewery, The Old Oyster House. Regina's Pizza, Ratskeller and other drinking establishments. Was on a business trip with guys who were never in Boston before. Brought them thru the aforementioned tour. They asked about The Constitution. Told them to follow the red line on the sidewalk and look for me somewhere back on my tour.

Edited by Bluzes
typo
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, xandandl said:

exactly.  I wonder what the current arranging team at BAC might do with this...maybe some mellophone runs and front ensemble features.

Ryan George, the current brass arranger for Boston, wrote this when he was also their Brass arranger in 2013, X. Ian Moyer, Boston's current FE Instructor, might do something with the FE parts if BAC ever brought it back as an encore song, as he was not on Boston's Percussion staff in 2013.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

The Old Oyster House 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Oyster_House

It might still be owned by the Milano family.  Joe M. was a fellow member of the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company and when I left after 20 years, Joe had reached the rank of BG.  The AHAC, formed in 1638 by members of the Honorable Artillery Company of London, is located on the top floor of Faneuil Hall.  They have a small, but great museum of ancient military items.  Never try to visit Boston on the first Monday of June.  That's when the AHAC ties up Boston traffic for several hours throughout the day as it is the traditional day of the election of new officers and staff for the upcoming year.

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Ryan George, the current brass arranger for Boston, wrote this when he was also their Brass arranger in 2013, X. Ian Moyer, Boston's current FE Instructor, might do something with the FE parts if BAC ever brought it back as an encore song, as he was not on Boston's Percussion staff in 2013.

and with the progression of BAC's brass and percussion talent since 2013, an arrangement with more depth might get the audience dancing with this selection even more.