Boston Crusaders 2018

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, CorpwithanS said:

Governor Winthrop's 'The City Upon a Hill', Sea Merchants/world exploration and Asia trade, Wicked Sports and Uni (50 plus) towne, anesthesia and the sacking of Lawn Guyland..(.limitless and gassy--much  like DCP. Mais non?) I kid.   Aye. swabbies.

Wonder if there's the right music to do The Brink's Robbery.

13 hours ago, xandandl said:

Troopers to hold audition in Boston.

Yes, indeed.... Dec. 3rd Boston College ( Brass audition ) 

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Boston is expanding their audition locations this season, and its quite impressive. In addition to including Video submission tryouts formats for consideration, Boston will hold on site auditions this off season in Boston, San Antonio, Tampa, Los Angeles, Indianapolis, and Dallas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Boston is expanding their audition locations this season, and its quite impressive. In addition to including Video submission tryouts formats for consideration, Boston will hold on site auditions this off season in Boston, San Antonio, Tampa, Los Angeles, Indianapolis, and Dallas.

We will be in the Tampa area during the auditions.  Excellent.  We’ll stop by for a couple of hours. 

• Like 4

On 10/20/2017 at 10:17 PM, xandandl said:

Troopers to hold audition in Boston.

Boston Crusaders has as a goal recruiting more local marching members which I think is great, and Troopers coming to Boston is a good idea. I think the New England area is overlooked but has lots of talent. While Boston Crusaders recruits nationally, Spartans and 7th Regiment are both strong, largely local, and the two corps show there is interest in drum corps. I do know some believe the band activity is not as strong in New England as in other parts of the country, though there are some excellent high school marching bands and an active local circuit, not to mention some that compete in USBands. Of course music education is more than a marching program, and there are some excellent music programs in the Boston area even though they do not have competitive matching bands. Finally, there are many great colleges in New England not to mention Berklee and the New England Conservatory. While I do run into kids who march and go to college in Boston, there has to be lots of potential candidates.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

I wouldn't read too much into this.  There is a former BD member/BAC staff member who teaches at a college music program in Boston who is currently on Troopers brass staff.  He is a good guy and I'm sure he is probably the person who set this up.  Good for Troop!

• Like 3

When good and talented people like, trust, and respect one another and work well together in an organization,  the sky is the limit for such organizations in terms of what they can achieve.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, BRASSO said:

When good and talented people like, trust, and respect one another and work well together in an organization,  the sky is the limit for such organizations in terms of what they can achieve.

Especially when lots of wine is involved.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

Especially when lots of wine is involved.

...... with the possibility of lots of delicious pumpkin pie too!

Edited by BRASSO