Boston Crusaders 2018

2 hours ago, Ediker said:

They were designed to be reusable.  Details, including the ruffle applique and shako buckle, can be changed to create a new look. 

No idea what 2018 will bring. There is plenty to milk from the region's history. The designers will likely again pick something original and interesting.  Purely guessing, possible shows might revolve around:

Revolutionary Era Boston - Battle of Lexington/Concord, Battle of Bunker Hill, Boston Massacre, Boston Tea Party, Sons/Daughters of Liberty, Paul Revere's Ride, HMS Somerset, and John Adams.

The Industrial Revolution - Lowell Mill Girls

Abolition Movement

Sacco and Vanzetti 

Whitey Bulger 

Could also consider:  A nod to the National Geographic Channel (and in keeping with 2017)  "Wicked Tuna, the musical"

"The Great Boston Molasses Flood" - it is a slow developing story.

"Camelot"  a tribute to the Kennedy's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can we PLEASE get back now to a discussion of the Boston Crusaders, and things that have had, or realistically might have in the future, things that pertain to them ? Thank you all in advance.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Can we PLEASE get back now to a discussion of the 2018 Boston Crusaders, and things that will, or might, pertain to them ? Thank you all in advance.

We're talking about Boston's 2018 uniform and possible shows.  Not sure what your objection is. 

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Can we PLEASE get back now to a discussion of the 2018 Boston Crusaders, and things that will, or might, pertain to them ? Thank you all in advance.

I thought this had gotten back on track, not that it was very far off.  I don't believe we are going to hear anything of any substantive value until after Labor Day if we hear anything at all.  An even so, it will not likely be related to programming.  I don't expect we will hear anything we can speculate on until November or December.  I think we can all look forward to last years ever so successful cone of silence.  We can look forward to Liahona's many many musical suggestions.

Thanks Brasso ... I think "Trittico" or ":Ben Hur" are great musical choices -- but there is SO much out there.... 2018 holds GREAT PROMISE!  Can't wait to be a part of it any way I can 

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

And there's only around 8, 500 in this city.  The county HOC is located in nearby Hurricane, UT, and I imagine these folks have spent some time there.

I couldn't care less.

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, PRPhan4ever said:

Thanks Brasso ... I think "Trittico" or ":Ben Hur" are great musical choices -- but there is SO much out there.... 2018 holds GREAT PROMISE!  Can't wait to be a part of it any way I can 

The corps has an annual golf tournament you can participate in, in a number of ways.  Check it out on their website.  If you were to play you would meet some of the leadership of the org there and possibly some of the instructional and design staff.  This year is it on September 29.

• Like 1

Well.. looking towards Boston's drum corps history ... if they want to stay with <A's history... there is ALOT of pieces performed w/Boston Pops (John Williams IE) that they could pursue that would encompass some of their history and match the uniform scheme  - depending on the theme chosen.  I say October or latest November.... BAC hasn't been shy of late since the new staff in providing insight into their show(s)

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:07 PM, Ghost said:

With all the deserved comments throughout this year, the 8 point gain over last season is not too shabby.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:15 PM, BRASSO said:

Its WAY better than " not too shabby ". Its a phenomenal one year gain, imo

16 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

or these, more recent history ( Irvins, Utah )

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/utah/ivins

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Can we PLEASE get back now to a discussion of the Boston Crusaders, and things that have had, or realistically might have in the future, things that pertain to them ? Thank you all in advance.

You were saying B?