Boston Crusaders 2018

20 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Very nice read from an article on a very wonderful young lady ( one of the DM's ) that marched Boston in 2017,( and will be returning in 2018) :

https://www.musicandmarching.com/blog/2017/8/15/a-conversation-with-kaitlin-oresky

except her drum corps career doesnt have to end. There's always DCA

• Like 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

True.. absolutely. And even better yet, if she took a career position in the Boston area, she could even perform with the Boston Crusaders Sr's too if she wanted too. But the good news here is that she does not have to make such decisions yet as she will be returning to participate in her age out season with the 2018 Boston Crusaders

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Exactly.  Her DCI career will be over. 

Someday, perhaps more than four or five ageouts will actually know about DCA.  LOL.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Very nice read from an article on a very wonderful young lady ( one of the DM's ) that marched Boston in 2017,( and will be returning in 2018) 

Had a chuckle when I saw that Kaitlin had a second positon this past year as a "visual soloist".  Boy, would Ed Denon have had fun with this BITD.  I'm always impressed when I read on DCP how various mm have switched to a completely different instrument in order to march D&BC.  Well done to them all.

17 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Had a chuckle when I saw that Kaitlin had a second positon this past year as a "visual soloist".  Boy, would Ed Denon have had fun with this BITD.  I'm always impressed when I read on DCP how various mm have switched to a completely different instrument in order to march D&BC.  Well done to them all.

Yes, many do seem to be very versatile in their abilities, no question about it. As for former BAC Brass Instructor Ed Denon. Knowing him as well as I did, I suspect he'd have some preferences for what he'd want in Drum Corps if he was still with us, but ( as you know too ) Ed Denon was a perfectionist, and always appreciated kids that worked their butts off, and so he'd have given this young Lady ( and BAC 2017 ) a big thumbs up, imo. I have little doubt about this either.

Edited by BRASSO

The first time I saw Boston this season was Semifinals on Flo.  I had completely avoided them up to that point.  I've watched DCI for 28 years, and have rarely been as surprised as I was by them.  Absolutely incredible program.  It had a steady stream of "did you see that?" moments that only a couple of other corps could match, and the finale was absolutely epic.  Even my wife, who gratefully stopped watching corps once my kids were old enough to fill in, was blown away by that show.  I absolutely cannot wait to see what they come up with for 2018.

Mike

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MikeN said:

The first time I saw Boston this season was Semifinals on Flo.  I had completely avoided them up to that point.  I've watched DCI for 28 years, and have rarely been as surprised as I was by them.  Absolutely incredible program.  It had a steady stream of "did you see that?" moments that only a couple of other corps could match, and the finale was absolutely epic.  Even my wife, who gratefully stopped watching corps once my kids were old enough to fill in, was blown away by that show.  I absolutely cannot wait to see what they come up with for 2018.

Mike

Nice post, MikeN.

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Exactly.  Her DCI career will be over. 

Someday, perhaps more than four or five ageouts will actually know about DCA.  LOL.

more do in areas where there are DCA corps.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

more do in areas where there are DCA corps.

True... but the "your drum corps career is over" perception thing is still there, too often.