Boston Crusaders 2018

6 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

..and wait til you see the guard and drill! 

:thumbup:

I can only imagine. Impressive showing for sure. 

• Like 1

They definitely sound pissah!  That is one tough book, technically and emotionally.  Percussion is definitely helping the GE... not easy to do. 

Felt more of a connection to 2017 at this point, probably due to the local storyline and more familiar music.  Will allow this production time to grow on me. 

Can't wait until next week!

P.s. Those tempos?  Wow!  

Edited by Ediker
added p.s.
  • Like 2

watching this now.  The kids were adorable.  BAC up next.

• Like 3

Crowd needed some pre-training for the shots.  I'm sure the crowd will get them as the season goes.

Marimba Spiritual is super good.

There's dirt to work out in the number after that (it IS June after all) perhaps some pacing/energy issues in the flow (depends on if the visual pulls it together).  But the book is a really complex thing.  It's great to see them not only playing better but getting more complex as they go.  They're getting the instruction/talent/design balance better and better ever since Animal Farm.  

That ending is a nice vehicle but I'm betting we'll get more than just visual changes to the end by August.  It seems to beg for a push at the end that lifts people out of the seats.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 2

Super intense. Definitely harder. Can't wait to see the whole production.

Edited by Brass Lover
  • Like 2

Ooh.  Straight up Conquest at the end! (having played this in HS band show, it's full of memories for me)

[Disclosure, I've backed up to listen to this 4 times so far.  I adore that a sufficient number of people listening hit the shots this time.]

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Totally agree with you. Honestly, after all the hype on these boards and the top 3 predictions I was expecting more. Listened to wicked games right after today’s performance and thought design wise 2017 was much better, even at concert in the park you could feel an emotional connection.

btw...I do agree that the brass does sound better then this time last year.

Listening to the show description/music I was thinking the same thing: this does not sound as nearly as...gripping?... as Wicked Games.  Brass has definitely taken a significant stride forward this year.  But WG was lightning in a bottle and so well matched to the performers abilities.  Of course we'll have to wait and see what S.O.S as a whole production is like.  Who knows? Maybe they put together back-to-back knock outs.

• Like 1

Boston finished their visual show over one week ago. From a design and coordination perspective, "SOS" is a whole level above Wicked Games. It is a General Effect buffet.  Can't wait for Thursday in the theatre!

• Like 4