Boston Crusaders 2018

19 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

True... but the "your drum corps career is over" perception thing is still there, too often.

I believe I heard that The Company, the Corps from England that competed in DCI this summer, had a  couple of marchers that once marched WC Corps here in the US... including Santa Clara Vanguard, if I'm not mistaken. 

Ironically,  I grew up in an era  when LOTS of marchers went from Junior Corps to the Senior Corps ranks after ageing out. The Senior Corps used to be comprised of almost entirely over 21 year olders in their Corps. Things change though, of course. Now many of the DCA units are chock full of marchers well under age 21-22. The annual migration tends to be from DCA Corps to DCI Corps now. The Cadets are a good example of this. Quite a few of their Marchers ( as you know, Fran )  came from the DCA unit Cadets2 to the Cadets. Far more in numbers than the former Cadets went to Cadets2 after ageing out of the Cadets.  I miss the Renegades, from San Fran. in DCA. They were very entertaining and did have a very large nucleus of marchers that once marched in DCI World Class Corps ( including SCV, BD ) before marching with the Renegades.

opps.... now back to the 2018 Boston Crusaders... haha....

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Exactly.  Her DCI career will be over. 

Someday, perhaps more than four or five ageouts will actually know about DCA.  LOL.

I knew about DCA when I aged out..but felt that was for the OLD PEOPLE...haha

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MikeN said:

The first time I saw Boston this season was Semifinals on Flo.  I had completely avoided them up to that point.  I've watched DCI for 28 years, and have rarely been as surprised as I was by them.  Absolutely incredible program.  It had a steady stream of "did you see that?" moments that only a couple of other corps could match, and the finale was absolutely epic.  Even my wife, who gratefully stopped watching corps once my kids were old enough to fill in, was blown away by that show.  I absolutely cannot wait to see what they come up with for 2018.

Mike

We were like that watching the guard...so many wow moments.  I'm not even a guard person but their guard was mesmerizing. 

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We were like that watching the guard...so many wow moments.  I'm not even a guard person but their guard was mesmerizing. 

Agreed...I'm a brass guy and was paying more attention to the guard...haha

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

True... but the "your drum corps career is over" perception thing is still there, too often.

heard a DCI director say it 2 weeks ago

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

heard a DCI director say it 2 weeks ago

Wonderful.  Not.  LOL

Tough to overcome that,  if folks who should know better continue to perpetuate it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Liahona said:

I knew about DCA when I aged out..but felt that was for the OLD PEOPLE...haha

When I was in high school, DCN and DCW were practically the Bible to me, and I would read each issue thoroughly. It seemed that there were always photos of a Harvey Olderman of the Connecticut Hurricanes who was celebrating a milestone birthday, 75, 80, 85, and if memory serves me correctly, he marched until his death. As far as I was concerned, that was DCA. 

• Like 2