Boston Crusaders 2018

4 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

I think the kids have never been so prepared. They received such a great send off from their family in Boston.

Love in Beantown, A Spring Fling

Thank-you Kevin, for the wonderful updates and blog! Your efforts are appreciated by so many. Cheers! Best to BAC and New England.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 3:38 PM, BRASSO said:

Well, ok... but don't you have to have" medals" on full display first before you ask anyone to put such alleged" medals" away ?. I just went back pages upon pages on this Boston Crusaders thread after the standstill performance by Boston, and I'll be darned if I can find any" medals" predictions after the performance by anyone here. Now, Boston could very well medal this season, nobody really knows, one way or the other. But for the record, the only DCP  poster thats brought into this thread discussion post  last night's" Concert in the Park " in Boston the concept of " medals " placements this summer has been you.. Noone else on this 2018 Boston Crusaders thread the last 24 hours has done so. Go look, if you're perhaps still unsure on this. But since you brought up " medals " now, let me be among the first to tell you that I believe that the 2018 Boston Crusaders will be a handful this season, and nothing will shock me regarding who might be in the" medals" come August,  nor who might not be.

It was a tongue and cheek comment not meant to cause any harm. If they medal, great. But there has been a lot of hype here and other places about Boston this season, and for good reason, Great staff, great corps last season, they're doing everything right. My comment simply meant that the top 3 is harder to crack than simply having one good year, it takes consistency. There are so many variables that go into placement that its impossible to predict at this point. That said, I was a bit disappointed in the book that I heard earlier in the week, but that's just a standstill. If they medal, more power to them!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

It was a tongue and cheek comment not meant to cause any harm. If they medal, great. But there has been a lot of hype here and other places about Boston this season, and for good reason, Great staff, great corps last season, they're doing everything right. My comment simply meant that the top 3 is harder to crack than simply having one good year, it takes consistency. There are so many variables that go into placement that its impossible to predict at this point. That said, I was a bit disappointed in the book that I heard earlier in the week, but that's just a standstill. If they medal, more power to them!

I totally agree with your comment about cracking the top 3.  That same sentiment was something I had the chance to talk about at Boston's ST with one of their key show music guys. The designers, techs, the entire instructional team really,  are well aware of the difficulties in moving into that top tier.  In Bostons favor is the fact that this staff has been there before and is taking all the right steps to return there.

As far as the book,  the audio you hear from the standstills doesn't do it justice.  Hearing the show live, exposes a lot more complexity to all the voices in the writing.  It is a much harder book than last year and quite entertaining.  It is very musical and melodic.  I hope when you hear a better audio production, or live, you will agree.

im not hyping but the program, level of improvement since this staff has been on board, the starting point for Boston this year, bodes well.  A medal position is within reach, IMO.  Enjoy the year, as all corps seem to be pepping for a smoking hot season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

I totally agree with your comment about cracking the top 3.  That same sentiment was something I had the chance to talk about at Boston's ST with one of their key show music guys. The designers, techs, the entire instructional team really,  are well aware of the difficulties in moving into that top tier.  In Bostons favor is the fact that this staff has been there before and is taking all the right steps to return there.

As far as the book,  the audio you hear from the standstills doesn't do it justice.  Hearing the show live, exposes a lot more complexity to all the voices in the writing.  It is a much harder book than last year and quite entertaining.  It is very musical and melodic.  I hope when you hear a better audio production, or live, you will agree.

im not hyping but the program, level of improvement since this staff has been on board, the starting point for Boston this year, bodes well.  A medal position is within reach, IMO.  Enjoy the year, as all corps seem to be pepping for a smoking hot season.

The entire BAC staff knows exactly what it takes to be top tier. Every caption head have won their individual caption all with a different organization. Nonetheless having that staff will allow for that to happen sooner than later. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Schehr said:

The entire BAC staff knows exactly what it takes to be top tier. Every caption head have won their individual caption all with a different organization. Nonetheless having that staff will allow for that to happen sooner than later. 

yup, and they are even repeating where they practiced with other corps: Johnstown, PA and Ada, OH

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim Schehr said:

While that may be true, cracking the top 3 is definitely way harder than cracking the top 6. I hope they do. I would love to see some new blood up there. The concert was very promising, but they'd have to get by three of last year's top 5, which is a tough feat.

5 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

While that may be true, cracking the top 3 is definitely way harder than cracking the top 6. I hope they do. I would love to see some new blood up there. The concert was very promising, but they'd have to get by three of last year's top 5, which is a tough feat.

IMO one if not two of the 2017 medalist corps won’t be in that tier this season. 

10 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Well they were closing in at the end of the season last year, so hopefully they continue the momentum and with the step up in this years production, it gets them a raised level of acceptance that they belong in the mix.