Boston Crusaders 2018

23 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

they should be top 3 again by finals.

May want to edit out "again".  It's been several decades since the corps has been top three at finals, but let's hope it happens this year.

Edited by Ghost

Just now, Ghost said:

May want to edit out "again".  It's been several decades since the corps has been top three at finals.

BAC guard finished 3rd at finals last year.  I was not referencing the whole corps. 

Very strong performance by the corps last night....the audience where I was was going nuts.  And, numbers wise, BAC is much closer to the top than they were last year at this time.  The future bodes well. Disappointed that the cameras missed several of the big moments, but it was their first viewing as well. People who are going to see the corps LIVE in the next week or so will be blown away.

• Like 1

There is so much that is right about this year's show, and the corps.  Volumes can be written about them.

<rant>  However, two things disappointed me last night: 1) the spelling in the drill; and 2) the fire.  Those two things are SO LAST YEAR.  It doesn't make them bad, just far less interesting than they were before.  Major effort was put into making the look/feel different from previous years.  Why beat us over the head with the two most memorable things from 2017??  There is so much creative talent at Boston, and they're more than capable of new ideas.

Analogy: it was like they cooked a wonderful dinner with tons of fresh ingredients, presented beautifully... then they wheeled out two dishes that were great last year, but have since spoiled and rotted.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.  

</rant>

Interesting fact, even though scores matter less than head to head results:  BAC's first score from last year = 68.15,  2018 first score=67.3

4 minutes ago, craiga said:

Very strong performance by the corps last night....the audience where I was was going nuts.  And, numbers wise, BAC is much closer to the top than they were last year at this time.  The future bodes well. Disappointed that the cameras missed several of the big moments, but it was their first viewing as well. People who are going to see the corps LIVE in the next week or so will be blown away.

We’ll see them Monday.  I’m pretty much done with the theater experience.  Miss too much. 

• Like 2

At first I was startled the fire re-appeared.   Then I was thinking about being in survival mode - fire is important.  A big fire, however, burns more wood/witches than a small fire.  To conserve on wood gathering / witch trial activities while on a remote island, might be best to keep the flames to a minimum level suitable for roasting fish, and after dinner smores.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, c mor said:

At first I was startled the fire re-appeared.   Then I was thinking about being in survival mode - fire is important.  A big fire, however, burns more wood/witches than a small fire.  To conserve on wood gathering / witch trial activities while on a remote island, might be best to keep the flames to a minimum level suitable for roasting fish, and after dinner smores.

Yeah, my preference would be for big fire (at first), then tone it down to a smolder.