Boston Crusaders 2018

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Good question. Its probably a little too early to know one way or the other at the moment. Recently, Boston HAS done free, on the field, full exhibition performances in New England before heading out on tour. They did TWO this past June . One in Castleton, Vermont, the other in Everett, Ma... Boston has done similar in previous recent seasons too ( Ashburnham, Ma., Quincy, Ma. for example )  and other venues. Boston also does its " Concert in the Park " in Boston's downtown Financial District ( standstill ). I don't speak for the Boston Crusaders, but I would imagine that Boston will find a way to continue to do things along these similar lines for 2018 once they later put together their schedule of appearances for the summer of 2018.

I think doing something like that again is possible as it not only gives them the needed dress rehearsal time but it is probably beneficial for the overall logistics of tour planning, being on the road with trucks, busses, kitchen, etc.  let's them see how everything will function as a touring unit.

• Like 1

Just now, LabMaster said:

I think doing something like that again is possible as it not only gives them the needed dress rehearsal time but it is probably beneficial for the overall logistics of tour planning, being on the road with trucks, busses, kitchen, etc.  let's them see how everything will function as a touring unit.

Yes... I would tend to think so too. Thus, for a host of both logistical and PR reasons, I believe Boston will find a way to continue to make it happen as well, LabMaster.

Crusaders are famous!  ...haha

Doggo Corps International: The Borking Crusaders 2

• Haha 3

I noticed in the Chris Holland cuts that his polo had an adidas logo along with the corps logo. Does adidas endorse a drum corps??

25 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

I noticed in the Chris Holland cuts that his polo had an adidas logo along with the corps logo. Does adidas endorse a drum corps??

I could be wrong but I believe or seem to recall the Adidas connection is through the band shoppe partnership which provides the corps with all kinds of cool gear...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I could be wrong but I believe or seem to recall the Adidas connection is through the band shoppe partnership which provides the corps with all kinds of cool gear...

As the kids in school would explain it, Adidas stands for "All day I dream about...                                                                  ,,,,'Saders."

Edited by xandandl

Anyone else think that this staff will be a medal contender in 2018 - 2019?  Now, granted, there will be attrition of MM's (age outs, leaving for other top 3 corps, school, money etc) but this staff assembled are top notch, and have been to the 'big show" MANY times among them.  This past years show was genius, and it not only had a theme/storyline - but it had a seamless flow (almost like SCV) where once you start listening/watching -- it's over and you are like WOW!  That's it?

There are some awesome pieces of music out there - and (no pun intended tho it certainly fits!)  they literally lit a fire under the current membership, and those who are prospective MM's in the tri-state area.  That helps retention and recruitment for sure!   I think, and it's IMHO only.... that they may stay true to their identity with the similar uniforms currently used, and go a similar route in music and design.  NO, I don't think we'll see the 'fire pit' again (all props have been sold I think) - but I think it will be powerhouse bras & perc to be sure.  

12th to 6th in a year?  HELL YES!  :)  Higher than 6th in 2018?  I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT!  However, the top 5 are so solidified (and adding Cavies back into this mix) makes it ever so much ore challenging for the designers AND the music writers!   I say they stay 6th ..... which is NO SMALL task either!  It's tough competition out there and their staff knows it -- they also know what they CAN do as a collective group!  "I" think their 2018 show may already be tentatively outlined... but, we shall see won't we after Thanksgiving!