Boston Crusaders 2018

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Oyster_House

It might still be owned by the Milano family.  Joe M. was a fellow member of the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company and when I left after 20 years, Joe had reached the rank of BG.  The AHAC, formed in 1638 by members of the Honorable Artillery Company of London, is located on the top floor of Faneuil Hall.  They have a small, but great museum of ancient military items.  Never try to visit Boston on the first Monday of June.  That's when the AHAC ties up Boston traffic for several hours throughout the day as it is the traditional day of the election of new officers and staff for the upcoming year.

We went there for "good grades/report card" nights. Wonderful memories and vittles.

in 1796 Louis Philippe, king of France from 1830 to 1848, lived in exile on the second floor. He earned his living by teaching French to young women.

Edited by CorpwithanS
Autofill demon

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

I miss Cheers, The Lucky Seven, Union Brewery, The Old Oyster House. Regina's Pizza, Ratskeller and other drinking establishments. Was on a business trip with guys who were never in Boston before. Brought them thru the aforementioned tour. They asked about The Constitution. Told them to follow the red line on the sidewalk and look for me somewhere back on my tour.

You’re missing a few of the greats: Dini’s across from the Boston Common, the European. The European could hardly hold a candle to the great North End restaurants, but it was fun. Anthony’s Pier 4 with their endless popovers and Jimmy’s Harbor-side with its view were great too. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, xandandl said:

and with the progression of BAC's brass and percussion talent since 2013, an arrangement with more depth might get the audience dancing with this selection even more.

Perhaps. I suppose we'll just have to see what Boston's talented staff have up their sleeves for 2019 for both show and encore music now.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

might still be owned by the Milano family

It claimed to be the oldest restaurant in America. Went there with 2 salesmen from HP they were selling us a ton of test equipment. They wanted to buy us a lobster dinner. We suggested a place a little outside Boston, a great hole in the wall where twin lobsters and beer went for around $100.00 for the four of us. The hotshot asked the bar tender where the best lobster was, The Union Oyster House came up so even after we warned them of the cost we went there.

The bar bill and several dozen oysters added to the four of us ordering twin lobsters. Waiter came back and said they only had 2 twin lobsters left but he could bring the 2 of us two lobsters each, we nodded and they ordered bottles of wine instead of beer. When the 900.00+ bill came they noticed there were six dinners because the other 2 were not twins, not making this up we were charged full price for each lobster dinner. they had to split the bill between the two of them and thanked god they had different bosses one of them was from South Africa.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

Blues said drinking establishments

Was wild and crazy back then. Probably didn't run into you except maybe at a show. You seem more well bread and reserved I am jealous. Remember the shows at the BU stadium back in the nighties easy to get a hotel near by. Nobody would sit low on the fifty had the place all to ourselves. Great sound no obstructions except a train now & then.

10 hours ago, Bluzes said:

. You seem more well bread and reserved 

Tim K is a good and reserved guy, and I assure you , what he can do with the bread is pretty well too.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Tim K said:

You’re missing a few of the greats: Dini’s across from the Boston Common, the European. The European could hardly hold a candle to the great North End restaurants, but it was fun. Anthony’s Pier 4 with their endless popovers and Jimmy’s Harbor-side with its view were great too. 

And what about The No-Name of happy memory, great seafood and interesting chowder house ambiance a few piers down from Anthony's?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Was wild and crazy back then. Probably didn't run into you except maybe at a show. You seem more well bread and reserved I am jealous. Remember the shows at the BU stadium back in the nighties easy to get a hotel near by. Nobody would sit low on the fifty had the place all to ourselves. Great sound no obstructions except a train now & then.

Not sure how well bred I am. My brother and a cousin are working on the family tree and are discovering we have more than our fair share of relatives in Australia who arrived in the 1840’s, most likely aboard the prison ships! Serves me right. We had family coats of arms which said my family on all sides descended from Irish chieftains, not knowing that every Irish family’s coat of arms makes the same claim. So Irish convicts sent to Australia teaches me that if my family tree does include Irish chieftains, the apple has fallen very far from that tree!

I don’t recall attending too many shows at BU though I’m sure I did, but I do remember watching practices there over the years. BC was my favorite place to watch shows, and would be great if a TOC show was scheduled for greater Boston.

55 minutes ago, xandandl said:

And what about The No-Name of happy memory, great seafood and interesting chowder house ambiance a few piers down from Anthony's?

My mother loved the No Name. Great chowder.

7 minutes ago, Tim K said:

great if a TOC show was scheduled for greater Boston.

How is the new Boston College Stadium the old one was not that fan friendly being all closed in. Big people jams just trying to get to your seats. Horrible bleachers, look at want LOS did for us. Now we don't even like shows w/o AC.