Boston Crusaders 2018

8 minutes ago, Tim K said:

My mother loved the No Name. Great chowder

Can you name the 3 types of chowder popular at different points along the eastern seaboard and what the difference is?

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

yes.

which one do you favor?

Just now, Bluzes said:

which one do you favor?

I like all 3 depending upon what the palate and stomach are telling me at a given meal and what else is on the plate at that time: New England, Manhattan, and R.I.

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I like all 3 depending upon what the palate and stomach are telling me at a given meal and what else is on the plate at that time: New England, Manhattan, and R.I.

Bingo! I like all 3 as well. Wasn't enlightened to RI till we moved near Woonsocket. When we still had the Matadors. They blew at lot of chowder all 3 at once and more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Bingo! I like all 3 as well. Wasn't enlightened to RI till we moved near Woonsocket. When we still had the Matadors. They blew at lot of chowder all 3 at once and more.

I downed a lot of RI style at Rocky Point. I could go for any depending on the mood.

With clam fritters...

Edited by kkrepps

1 minute ago, kkrepps said:

I downed a lot of RI style at Rocky Point. I could go for any depending on the mood.

Sweet, Can't get that in KC, Blue Moons with orange slices just to be trendy is doing it today.

2 hours ago, kkrepps said:

Rocky Point is only a memory now, but the chowder is still alive and well in RI.

Well Rocky Point still has an outlet in Warwick that is open all summer and sells chowders and clam cakes. When I am in the area, I stop there for lunch, put on the tape of either Ron Nelson's original or Cadets' version and toast the great memories for all the good people and seasons it was part of Cadets rep.  In private conversations 2018 MMs were mad, angry even when it wasn't picked for an encore tune as they wanted to be part of the tradition. But Dr. Shanefield knew what he was doing and made them ecstatic when it was included in the re-write of the closer. Other corps have played it, never quite with the zest or drill of the Cadets who made it their own. (Clam cakes aren't bad there either. Iggy's isn't too far away to compare.)

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, xandandl said:

(Clam cakes aren't bad there either. Iggy's isn't too far away to compare.)

My wife is telling me right now she likes Aunt Carrie's but now she wants to try Iggys for a change. 

I think I'm dragging this thread off topic. So... go Cadets!