Boston Crusaders 2018

So here is a list of possible ideas I've read on the internet based on the video teaser...

Cartography
WWII in the Pacific theater
Pirates of the Caribbean
King Kong
Gilligan's Island
Castaway
Lost
Amelia
Treasure island
Lord of the flies
Shipwrecked
pompeii
The Bermuda Triangle
El Dorado
Monster Island
Skull Island

• Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 6:21 PM, Ghost said:

There was some angst from some about last years historical accuracy.

but as we have seen time and time again, death sells

On 3/3/2018 at 6:36 PM, skevinp said:

So now we know the name of the Captain.  Maybe we can work from there....

Perhaps he/she will pilot a ship of fools through a sea of tranquility.

i thought the Captain was from Castille

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

i thought the Captain was from Castille

I thought the Captain was from Tennille... (... or until she threw the Captain overboard in '14)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2018 at 8:56 AM, NavyCrusader said:

Going to drop in on Sunday to see the corps this upcoming March  camp... Anybody going to be there? I see it's a Brass only camp but it works for me since it's the only shot I have to see them.

check your PM NavyCrusader.

Edited by BRASSO

10 hours ago, skevinp said:

I like the Amelia theory, but are there more than 2 voices?

It could be a garbled up bit of their last radio transmission including people on the other end

It could be people trying to raise them on radio after they disappeared

It could be memories they're having while delirious on the island or having flashback scenes to the preparations for the journey

It  could be cannibals discussing what spices would go best with them (now that's dark show...)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Liahona said:

So here is a list of possible ideas I've read on the internet based on the video teaser...

Cartography
WWII in the Pacific theater
Pirates of the Caribbean
King Kong
Gilligan's Island
Castaway
Lost
Amelia
Treasure island
Lord of the flies
Shipwrecked
pompeii
The Bermuda Triangle
El Dorado
Monster Island
Skull Island

Given the corps recent delving into literature or historical periods/events and creating an interesting and audience friendly show, I would lean toward possible shows with a lot of substance which would eliminate (IMO) most but:  Amelia, Lost, Treasure Island.  The SOS part creates interest as it can be for a ship, plane.

SOS is the international distress signal and has a linguistic origin. It is a French translations for "Help Me".  It was first used in 1908 for a Cunard ship SS Slavonia.  SOS also does not mean "Save Our Ship".  It has other meanings, one of which is "Save Our Souls".  So that is what I just learned about it.  It is actually a bit complex.  So taking that thought, I guess we are going to get a much more complex show from Boston this year, which kind of aligns with the camp reports.  Suffice it to say, Boston appears to be stepping up their game.  Eat em up Boston 2018.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

SOS is the international distress signal and has a linguistic origin. It is a French translations for "Help Me".  

In the interest of historical and linguistic accuracy, I think you might have confused two distress calls. S.O.S. isn't a translation for "help me." Mayday is. It's an English-ized version of the French "m'aidez," which means "help me" in English where it's usually rendered "mayday." S.O.S. in French is S.O.S. - you just pronounce the letters a little differently.

As for the teaser, it feels like more new age blather to me. Here's hoping it's not. 

8 minutes ago, glory said:

In the interest of historical and linguistic accuracy, I think you might have confused two distress calls. S.O.S. isn't a translation for "help me." Mayday is. It's an English-ized version of the French "m'aidez," which means "help me" in English where it's usually rendered "mayday." S.O.S. in French is S.O.S. - you just pronounce the letters a little differently.

As for the teaser, it feels like more new age blather to me. Here's hoping it's not. 

Nothing better than being corrected...Love it.  I apologize for my horrible lack of precision in the explanation.  But you get the gist right?  And you kinda said what I said.  SOS is Mayday which means help me.  It is also a fun and creative teaser but if you don't like it, there is no reason to characterize it as new age blather.  Sheesh.

• Like 1