Boston Crusaders 2018

53 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

" Eat 'em up Boston ! "

Wicked!

Giants, all!

"Do it up, BAC!" and  "Bring it home, Boston!

• Like 4

Totally pumped that this group is getting to experience this... the essence of the activity: hard work, discipline, inclusion, and satisfaction with the results... regardless of any outside assessment.  Thanks for posting, those of you who have been in Castleton.

• Like 2

Don't give away their codes!

Crypto BAC 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

Wicked!

Giants, all!

"Do it up, BAC!" and  "Bring it home, Boston!

Oh, now I finally understand.

"Do it up" refers to the skillful preparation of meals.  

"Wicked" is how sinfully delicious the meals are.

"Eat 'em up" is what happens to the meals as a result.

"Giants" refers to how big and strong they become from eating the meals.

"Bring it home" is what they do if there is any left over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Oh, now I finally understand.

"Wicked" is how sinfully delicious the meals are.

"Eat 'em up" is what happens to the meals 

" No Suh"... ( ... haha)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

for what it's worth, in the organization's promotional live stream on facebook on saturday, you could hear bits and pieces of their closer - "Smile" from Castaway

also, something i noticed about listening to recordings i have already from this show in addition to the bits and pieces of the closer presented in the fb live... boston's hornline is different than most in the sense that when they play loud sustains, their sound feels like it's pushing you. almost to the point of a never ending crescendo. that's a feeling i haven't gotten from many hornlines ever. for example, when i hear crown play bruckner this year, (as much as i love bruckner) yes its an impressive sound, but it's kind of just an impressive sustain that lacks the excitement and push and drive being given by the boston hornline. 

• Like 2

On 6/10/2018 at 2:08 AM, brassdude6171 said:

also, something i noticed about listening to recordings i have already from this show in addition to the bits and pieces of the closer presented in the fb live... boston's hornline is different than most in the sense that when they play loud sustains, their sound feels like it's pushing you. almost to the point of a never ending crescendo. that's a feeling i haven't gotten from many hornlines ever. for example, when i hear crown play bruckner this year, (as much as i love bruckner) yes its an impressive sound, but it's kind of just an impressive sustain that lacks the excitement and push and drive being given by the boston hornline. 

I can't wait to hear the whole show next Friday on BFDTV (Broadcasting for Drum corps) on YouTube  of their Concert in the Park event from Thursday evening...I wish I could be there live...

Edited by Liahona
incorrect pronoun usage
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

They’ve always had the potential for that sort of sustain in the way they play them.  They’ve done a lot with dynamics control during sustained chords and changes in ballads recently.   I was just listening to Animal Farm again the other day and they got such a great sound in the ballad doing sustained chords with dynamic swellls into the changes.