2017 World Championships Semi-Finals - Aug 11

2 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Yes.  I was trying to figure a good way of saying this but you did better than I could.      

Please understand we're NOT cutting down Carolina Crown's brass line because it's terrific but we hear some advanced and sophisticated jazz techniques in the Blue Devils' line which no one else can do. It's like listening to Big Bop Nouveau or the Basie Band.

Tell your wife there are women who are infinitely prettier than her, but to please understand you are not cutting her down.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Everyfan said:

Maybe we could have one night without a ####### troll making a new account to ##### and whine like a little girl. People like you make we want to see your favorite corps drop a place in finals. #### off!

Uhhhhh.....how bout....chill?

• Like 1

Maybe we could have one night without a ####### troll making a new account to ##### and whine like a little girl. People like you make we want to see your favorite corps drop a place in finals. #### off!

I saw errors in every single show tonight. It's funny how it's the only thing some people can comment on (nothing positive) when certain corps perform.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I have all the respect in the world for BD, but come on, that's nonsense. The level of musicianship among SCV, Crown and Bluecoats is crazy high. They all have their way of performing. 

Crown will win brass. But I still believe SCV displays the best musicianship from top to bottom, beginning to end. It's easily the most challenging drill, and they perform it almost flawlessly. 

you and I have a different definition for musicianship.  drill has nothing to do with it in my definition.  Aside, SCVs drill is extremely good and beautifully performed, but BDs drill is more sophisticated.   CCs drill is still high school de jour to me.  And while BDs and SCVs drills are different neither look like a high school band director did them.

Edited by war eagle
  • Like 2

Can I get an AMEN!!!??? :innocent:

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Everyfan said:

I thought it was funny.  Every joke has a kernel of truth in it. I didn't think it was nasty.

That being said, I didn't know the poster just created their account to troll. Is that why they created their account?

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Just now, skevinp said:

Tell your wife there are women who are infinitely prettier than her, but to please understand you are not cutting her down.

That would be a lie.  No one is more beautiful than Mrs. ThirdValvesAreForWimps.

• Like 2