What?

6 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Exactly.

A lot of corps have weekend camps, with no performances scheduled, at some point during the DCA season.  I'm guessing that's the case here with Fusion. Tuning things up for the last two weekends of the season.

Look at Bucs... They NEVER do a show the weekend of DCI East @ Allentown.  It's when they technically go into "hiding" for a little while, lol.

• Like 1

Hey there everyone. We're very disappointed about not going to Woodbridge. It's close and they're always great hosts.

A few months ago, DCA reached out to all the corps asking if one or two of us could help out the williamsport show and attend. The show was in danger of cancelling due to lack of participation AND they are the hosts of of our 2018 championships. 

After some discussion with our staff and admin, we decided to answer the call for help, but if C2 would not have signed on with Bush two weeks before we made our decision, we would not have pulled out of Bush's show. 

So, thanks to the Bush admin understanding and accepting our departure from their show, DCA was able to please the show sponsor, Bush still had a full line up and Fusion was able to get in a very much needed camp weekend that we promised the staff after years of go, go, go with no time to clean.

Thanks for asking about us :). We love feeling wanted.

• Like 8

On 8/11/2017 at 6:13 PM, hardcoremello said:

Hey there everyone. We're very disappointed about not going to Woodbridge. It's close and they're always great hosts.

A few months ago, DCA reached out to all the corps asking if one or two of us could help out the williamsport show and attend. The show was in danger of cancelling due to lack of participation AND they are the hosts of of our 2018 championships. 

After some discussion with our staff and admin, we decided to answer the call for help, but if C2 would not have signed on with Bush two weeks before we made our decision, we would not have pulled out of Bush's show. 

So, thanks to the Bush admin understanding and accepting our departure from their show, DCA was able to please the show sponsor, Bush still had a full line up and Fusion was able to get in a very much needed camp weekend that we promised the staff after years of go, go, go with no time to clean.

IMO running a show against DCI finals which has the ability to be watched online is a dumb idea. On any other weekend, i'd have driven the two hours to attend a show up there.

On 8/11/2017 at 6:13 PM, hardcoremello said:

Thank you for posting this. I often think it seems kinda petty worrying that one corps may not be at a show, and here in NC we are glad to see anyone in a show nearby. However I remember when I lived in MD and had to work all the time and had to make a plan to see one or two shows largely based on who would be there, if I could get in 2 shows I wanted to see as many different corps as possible.  I am glad that people know that they were not being slighted by one corps and that another crowd was able to enjoy a show because of your decision to go to Williamsport.

After I saw you tonight, Fran, I ran into a couple of brothers from the City Mission Cadet Corps "Warriors". My contemporaries. Told me of plans to send a mini corps to Williamsport next year. I asked them where i could send a donation.

Dogs and a soft drink on me if I make Reading.

On 8/11/2017 at 4:23 PM, Standrews said:
 On August 8, 2017 at 6:39 AM,  Fran Haring said: Gives the Sabers another chance to go head to head with the top of the pack.

Or, as I see it, the whole pack.  

AoE

You clearly haven't seen Kidsgrove yet... They aren't just over for a participation medal... they might have a thing or two to say before it's all over.

• Like 2

GO KIDS GROVE ,BRING IT ON CAN WAIT TO SEE YOU .BEST OF LUCK AT DCA KNOT UM DEAD

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Florida Sun said:

GO KIDS GROVE ,BRING IT ON CAN WAIT TO SEE YOU .BEST OF LUCK AT DCA KNOT UM DEAD

:blink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2017 at 0:09 AM, Standrews said:

After I saw you tonight, Fran, I ran into a couple of brothers from the City Mission Cadet Corps "Warriors". My contemporaries. Told me of plans to send a mini corps to Williamsport next year. I asked them where i could send a donation.

Dogs and a soft drink on me if I make Reading.

I would love to see the Warriors back on the scene!!!

My old team (Sunrisers) benefited greatly from an influx of Warriors members, in the late 1970s and again in the mid-to-late 1980s.  Great crew!!!