2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

I realize Cadets are more than likely sticking with Bernstein again next year but with this style writing I would love to see them tackle Carmina Burana.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MotoSurfBass said:

*WHOOSH*

That's the sound of the entire point behind the show going right over your head.

Woosh, that's the sound of Hops heavy handed "throw in the kitchen sink" design not conveying the message appropriately. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

Just curious why the Cadets GE numbers haven't been higher. This show has plenty of GE built in, and that ending is good enough to raise the number a bit as well.

They did go up when they added the new ending. But half naked Jesus probably didn't help them.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, rrunyon1 said:

Wow. I just don't like this form Cadets at. Personally I find it oppressive. It is religiously blunt and I don't feel it. I have always, always, been a Cadets fan, I have followed since those great 80's years but for me, 2017 is not a welcoming program. I adore the music that is played and I think that most captions are done well. GE bothers me. I am not comfortable with the choir. They sing well. I don't want to go to church at a drum corps competition. Sorry guys I know that a lot of you like Cadets this year but for me it is not clicking. 

My first year as a corps fan was in 89, and the Cadets became my favorite corps because of their Les Mis show that year. I used to be a hard core evangelical christian for 30+ years, but am now an atheist. I don't like the Cadets show this year, and I wonder how many atheists in the corps are glad they never have to do that show ever again. 

Edited by Hammer
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, rrunyon1 said:

Wow. I just don't like this form Cadets at. Personally I find it oppressive. It is religiously blunt and I don't feel it. I have always, always, been a Cadets fan, I have followed since those great 80's years but for me, 2017 is not a welcoming program. I adore the music that is played and I think that most captions are done well. GE bothers me. I am not comfortable with the choir. They sing well. I don't want to go to church at a drum corps competition. Sorry guys I know that a lot of you like Cadets this year but for me it is not clicking. 

I don't understand this criticism. It's not like they were trying to hold an actual Mass, or even trying to convert anyone.

It's a drum corps show based on musical theatre work.

Personally, I go to a drum corps competition to see a variety of shows.

Unfortunate you didn't like it, but different strokes and all...

• Like 8