2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

2 minutes ago, snare_guy_83 said:

I'm fine with BD winning GE, it's the spreads that seem odd to me.

I'm not even fine with them winning GE, but I won't argue against it. They have a great show...

The spreads however, are ridiculous. 

As someone said; Axe your drill writer, grab someone from Broadway to stage your shows and hire a world class choreographer. 

= Championship.

Edited by Treefidy
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, hughesmr said:

THIS is what is wrong with the activity.

And that's why I like my personal 25-25-25-25 judging system. It gives GE, Analysis, Visual Performance and Music Performance equal weight across the board without making one caption stronger than the other.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zeke said:

How Did Vanguard not get GE. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Sometimes the judges just jump off the rails and decide to surprise and give what they give. I would have given SCV GE but I am not on the field judging. 

1 minute ago, hughesmr said:

THIS is what is wrong with the activity.

That there is enough parity at the top of the heap that a corps can have a weak spot and still win a championship? 7 out of 11 judges put BD in 1st, the other 4 didn't have BD out of the top 3. 

Just now, drumcorpsfever said:

Looking at the recaps, it is not clear where, if any, negative impact the mic issue for Crown.  Perhaps it's in the GE2 score.  Davis had Crown 2nd, Stone in 5th for GE2.  It appears that it may have bothered Stone more, but the 2 of them averaged out so it really must not have hurt.

This topic will certainly be talked about in another thread on other days, but my guess is DCI is going to have to address how the use of electrronics is scored.   For now, the only impact was the fans. The marching members were locked in so it must not have affected them.

For now, just soaking the whole wonderful experience and fun this season has given us.  

Stone is Visual GE, not Music GE. DCI has been separating GE1 and GE2 each into a Visual and Music judge for some reason.

Stone & Gray were Visual, McGahey & Davis were Music.

But yea, doesn't look like the mic issue had any affect on the scores which brings up many questions

Most misogynist show I've ever seen. I'm completely done with drum corps. If this happened in a job position they would be fired. Weirdly women like this show. What?