2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

1 minute ago, mjoakes said:

Just read through the last several pages of comments. FWIW, this was an excellent finals inside LOS. Slightly disappointed there was only one surprise. But all the corps performed the heck out of their shows. The crowd was great for everyone, starting standing Os well before last notes were played.

There is great variety in the top 12. Which is maybe one reason there's diversity of opinions about who is better than whom.

Loved seeing Cavaliers take 4th. Both because I'm a fan and because - easy to say in hindsight - I really thought the Bluecoats show was a little sloppy. Hugely entertaining - maybe my favorite ballad of the 12 - just sloppy. Smarter people than me can evaluate things better.

I don't know about you but I could hear that happening in Centerville two weeks ago!

So.. next year the stream needs to include the encore. 

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I agree with this completely. It's time to take a step back from the use of electronics. I don't suggest removing it completely, but some restrictions are certainly needed

Mic the Melodic Percussion in the front a little, then throw all the rest of it in the garbage. (Or resurrect the Velvet Knights Shark to come eat it all!)    

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

He's talking about the Cavies. He's a Bloo fan who's upset about Cavies overtaking them. 

He's not upset about that. He is upset about his.....

(WOMP womp womp from hornline)

Inappropriate "dad" joke that was never funny (pre-teens cackle as old people gasp and say "how cheeky")

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

Can't wait to see what Cavaliers, Coats, and SCV come up with for next year!

Some of my favorites this season (add BK)...

Good job Cavies, moving up another spot this year.  Now a bunch of people on here can start talking about the  top 3 corps as a thing instead of top 4 that they have this season, and you'll prove them wrong again and medal...

Okay season; last year's shows may have been a tad better for me, but there were definitely some enjoyable shows this year!

At the very first viewing of Cavies show in the theater at the beginning of the season, I predicted that Cavies' ceiling is 3rd, with an extremely high chance of 4th. I'm glad my prediction came through, their show was electric

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, FancySnack said:

I want to go on record saying that I fully disagree that Cavalier's show is misogynist in any way....but if I were a crazy person, I could say that only acknowleding men for all of humanity's accomplisments and mistakes could be misogynistic if you really wanted to see it that way(?). But honeslty, **** that person. They're just a butt hurt bro.

Nooowww.....if we're talking about PR......I got some real thoughts on that show. 

Fair, but there are no true specific accomplishments that The Cavaliers were attributing solely to men... unless you count "DUUUUDE!" and "BROTEIN SHAKE!"

PR's show... I don't think it wasn't intentionally misogynistic, but the 1-900 voiceovers combined with the guard outfits certainly had a poor effect.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Renolancer said:

Absolutely.  As a band director that competes in California, I want to go last. Guys, you better have a great show, because if you do not, I will beat you every time.

I think I know who this is but on this I have to disagree.  One BD earned the right to go last and even when they went on first this year they won.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The defending champion may exercise the option of going on last.  BLOO didn't use that rule to their advantage.

Someone should look to see if that rule still exists. I find it hard to believe that it would still exist with not a single corps taking advantage of it, especially corps not named the Blue Devils.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MotoSurfBass said:

So it's misogyny to not have women in one (or two) corps? 

Nothing and nobody in The Cavaliers shows a dislike for women, contempt for women, or ingrained prejudice against women. Being an all-male corps by tradition does not perpetuate any of those factors. Saying The Cavaliers are misogynistic just for being an all-male corps with a self-deprecating show about men is looking for offense where there is none. Bloo lost tonight, grow up and get over it.

Nothing shows a dislike for women. "You just can't be one of us." It's not a self-deprecating show. Its a chauvinistic show about how guys are stupid and you'll never be one of us. We're idiots. But you still aren't on our level. Deal with it. And you never can join our ranks. Have fun with BOA

• Like 2