2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

Got to give some props to BK before I go to bed.  The show had some visual problems, and they didn't quite get it as clean as I hoped they would, but man I love just about everything this corps has done the last 4-5 years.  Musically, they are on the threshold of being elite.  Hope they continue on the path they are on and improve where they are weak.  Nothing would make me happier than to see them get more and more competitive every year.  (And it doesn't hurt that they are from my home state).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lance said:

One of my favorite parts of the next couple of weeks will be seeing all of the babies whine about BD's win. 

First I'll get a laugh off of them. 

Then I'll get equal pleasure from blocking them. 

Hey, it's just a mesage board, so I have to capitalize on the fun, right?

My favorite part is when they don't just complain about BD winning, but they complain about the spread too as if the judges huddled up together after each performance and purposely scored the other corps lower :laughing:

haters gonna hate! 

I think this is what the spread should have been from the start 

Totally.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Got to give some props to BK before I go to bed.  The show had some visual problems, and they didn't quite get it as clean as I hoped they would, but man I love just about everything this corps has done the last 4-5 years.  Musically, they are on the threshold of being elite.  Hope they continue on the path they are on and improve where they are weak.  Nothing would make me happier than to see them get more and more competitive every year.  (And it doesn't hurt that they are from my home state).

Their drumline was incredible as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, furious-winter said:

The Cavaliers and Madison Scouts are missing out on talent by being "all-male." . 

If you think they are missing out on talent what did you think of the Mandarins in the early days when they were an all Asain corps.  It didn't hurt them.  They were Division III World Champions in 1987, 1988, 1992, 1996, 1997, 1998, and 1999; and Drum Corps International Division II World Champions in 2001.  Those were great days with great shows.

• Like 2

That person complaining about misogyny is just a troll I think...how could he possibly do this? Dude needs to calm down and realize that the Cavaliers are on the rise and he will soon be joined by disappointed crown, scv and bd fans soon enough!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Madera Dons said:

If you think they are missing out on talent what did you think of the Mandarins in the early days when they were an all Asain corps.  It didn't hurt them.  They were Division III World Champions in 1987, 1988, 1992, 1996, 1997, 1998, and 1999; and Drum Corps International Division II World Champions in 2001.  Those were great days with great shows.

And now, they're World Class finals contenders. Would they be in this position today with an "all Asain" corps? Has inclusivity harmed them so grievously?

They should award captions on who won the caption at Finals like they used to.  It should not matter what you do in semi's or quarters.  It is Saturday night that matters.  

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, jmc5682 said:

They should award captions on who won the caption at Finals like they used to.  It should not matter what you do in semi's or quarters.  It is Saturday night that matters.  

100% spot on correct.

• Like 1