2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

Davis gave BD a 19.80 in GE2, SCV a 19.40

Raichle gave BD a 19.60 in Guard, SCV a 19.30

There's some sketchy stuff all over the sheets...

pretty much BD swept all 4 GE and all the visual captions tonight. Nothing "sketchy" unless 7 judges were in on it lol

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

My favorite part is when they don't just complain about BD winning, but they complain about the spread too as if the judges huddled up together after each performance and purposely scored the other corps lower :laughing:

haters gonna hate! 

I think this is what the spread should have been from the start 

Except this seems to happen often where judges get into a herd mentality come finals week. 

I repeat, i don't have a problem at all with BD winning, they had an excellent show, probably the one i found most enjoyable in years, but those recaps are... something. 

• Like 2

Looking at the recaps, it is not clear where, if any, there was a negative impact for Crown on the mic issue. Perhaps it's in the GE2 score.  Davis had Crown 2nd, Stone in 5th for GE2.  It appears that it may have bothered Stone more, but the 2 of them averaged out so it really must not have hurt considering the spread between 2nd and 4th.

This topic will certainly be talked about in another thread on other days, but my guess is DCI is going to have to address how the use of electrronics is scored.   For now, the only impact was the fans. The marching members were locked in so it must not have affected them.

For now, just soaking the whole wonderful experience and fun this season has given us.  

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

If I were a program director, moving forward I wouldn't hire a drill writer. I would hire a staging director and a choreographer.

And that truly sucks.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

pretty much BD swept all 4 GE and all the visual captions tonight. Nothing "sketchy" unless 7 judges were in on it lol

I'm fine with BD winning GE, it's the spreads that seem odd to me.

• Like 3