2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

1 minute ago, LSU GRAD 82 said:

Mic the Melodic Percussion in the front a little, then throw all the rest of it in the garbage. (Or resurrect the Velvet Knights Shark to come eat it all!)    

Me, I'm a proponent for micing the Front Ensemble and then individual brass soloists. Apart from that, I think drum corps can be just as entertaining without the rest that we have right now 

In all honesty, I preferred Bloo's trumpet duo in the closer before they had some weird electric guitar effect put over them. There's nothing wrong with just letting a line play.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I don't know about you but I could hear that happening in Centerville two weeks ago!

I think you're one of those smarter people than me. So I'll agree with you. I certainly was blown away by Cavies in Centerville.

And my earlier comment doesn't really give The cavaliers their due. Yes, I thought BC was sloppy. But Cavies really borough it on. The joke was lame and so spot on. When they wrapped, I had no concerns about Boston catching them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

UNDEFEATED SEASON BD! UNDEFEATED!

How about BDs 8th undefeated season!!!! Every other corps since 1972 has a combined has two unbeaten season (Cadets 2000 and Cavies 2002). What BD is doing is unreal. 

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 6

Just now, Cappybara said:

At the very first viewing of Cavies show in the theater at the beginning of the season, I predicted that Cavies' ceiling is 3rd, with an extremely high chance of 4th. I'm glad my prediction came through, their show was electric

I thought EVERY corps brought it tonight and we're better than last night! I'm sorry numbers management caused some scores to drop, but wow everyone laid down the guantlet!

I try not to predict the Cavaliers placements. 

1 minute ago, corps8294 said:

Now, now, now...Phantom's guard outfits did not have a poor effect. :thumbup:

we renamed them the Baywatch Girls tonight...  :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

And that's why I like my personal 25-25-25-25 judging system. It gives GE, Analysis, Visual Performance and Music Performance equal weight across the board without making one caption stronger than the other.

Why cannot it be called ensemble anymore?  Analysis is way to ambiguous for my liking...leaving it at that!

Just now, Highwaydude said:

we renamed them the Baywatch Girls tonight...  :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Make it rain!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShouldveMarchedAgeOut said:

Nothing shows a dislike for women. "You just can't be one of us." It's not a self-deprecating show. Its a chauvinistic show about how guys are stupid and you'll never be one of us. We're idiots. But you still aren't on our level. Deal with it. And you never can join our ranks. Have fun with BOA

Dude... maybe call it a night and then reevaluate tomorrow 

• Like 3