2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

3 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Someone should look to see if that rule still exists. I find it hard to believe that it would still exist with not a single corps taking advantage of it, especially corps not named the Blue Devils.

I have my doubts.  I thought that went away back in the 90s.

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Makes sense, you're a Bloo fan. I wouldn't expect you to be happy about it.

Bluecoats made a lot of bold decisions in all areas this year, and that's why I love them. But this year some of those decisions bit them in the arse. It is what it is at this point. 

I love the Cavaliers, some of my all time favorite shows are theirs, but I have truly hated their last two designs. They are both the forest for the trees in terms of design, just throwing everything you can possibly think of out on a football field with very, very little musicality. It scores well, apparently. But it is no fun to watch, at least for me.

Right now there is no question this activity continues to lean to guard and dramatic individualizations over musical performance. I personally enjoy this but I don't think it is or should be the core of this activity. Many disagree with me, I am no one important.

B,uecoars will come back with another amazing show next year. They will learn from their missteps and come out blazing again. They are still the It corps in dci, and Jagged Edge will remain one of the great shows of this decade. I'm cool with that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Someone should look to see if that rule still exists. I find it hard to believe that it would still exist with not a single corps taking advantage of it, especially corps not named the Blue Devils.

I can't say with all certainty, but I believe that option no longer exists within the rules.  If I can locate the rule or when it changed, I will post it. 

• Like 1

Every corps had a score drop, with the exception of the Caviliers and Blue Devils 

http://dciscores.com/world/

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sideways said:

Why cannot it be called ensemble anymore?  Analysis is way to ambiguous for my liking...leaving it at that!

See the Segmentation thread for my complete thoughts about the Analysis caption, but yes, I agree with you here.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I marched Cavaliers and we LOVE women.  In fact, women are our biggest group of fans.

Depends which bus you ride.  But yeah...

• Like 7

Just now, 32RH said:

Every corps had a score drop, with the exception of the Caviliers and Blue Devils 

http://dciscores.com/world/

No complaints here!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

How about BDs 8th undefeated season!!!! Every other corps since 1972 has a combined has one unbeaten season (Cavies 2002). Cadets tied on finals night in 2000 after going unbeaten the entire season. What BD is doing is unreal. 

So it sounds like TWO other corps have had unbeaten seasons.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ShouldveMarchedAgeOut said:

Nothing shows a dislike for women. "You just can't be one of us." It's not a self-deprecating show. Its a chauvinistic show about how guys are stupid and you'll never be one of us. We're idiots. But you still aren't on our level. Deal with it. And you never can join our ranks. Have fun with BOA

Jesus Christ, what the #### is wrong with you?

• Like 3