Cadets 2018

On 9/16/2017 at 6:12 AM, George Dixon said:

Deciding to remain in the Bernstein agreement (or not) isn't really "picking a show" now is it?

I'm fine. Just been busy at work - very. #lifehappens 

I know they had meetings beginning over the weekend of September 10th to start defining/contracts for the techs and the last couple design folks for guard and visual - that much Hopkins made public

My other understanding were meetings in NYC to determine is it Lenny or not for 2018

They have stated they hope it is / would love to be part of his 100th birthday celebration

That would define some of the show since I believe a concert at some point next July was part of the vision for this 3 year alignment 

Regardless, Cadets will be (more than fine) - personally expect them to have a very solid 2018

Contracts.  LOL!!!  :4_joy:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

did the uniform change affect the degree to which you enjoyed it?

Not one bit. A beast of a show with a superb musical book and performance (that brass, WOW!!!) and excellent drill. Extended phrases whose development felt natural and not fragmented like so many other shows these days. Those complete musical and visual thoughts flowed very well from one to the other into a terrific total package. And people can call out the shallowness of the "concept," I can understand that (plus the color guard was not strong). But I never once felt any of that intruded on my ability to enjoy the show. One of my favorites from them ever.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2017 at 1:41 PM, Ediker said:

I heard gossip that Omar walked

that is making the rounds

7 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

did the uniform change affect the degree to which you enjoyed it?

For me it did, actually.  Musically, the corps was a beast (and I think even underscored).  Visually, the maroon/white had more oomph to it.  It lost something when translated to monochrome...  :(

Mike

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeN said:

For me it did, actually.  Musically, the corps was a beast (and I think even underscored).  Visually, the maroon/white had more oomph to it.  It lost something when translated to monochrome...  :(

Mike

visual velocity lost

• Like 1

Pausing for a moment to remember Ray Schofield, who passed away today.

Ray was my boss at many of the drum corps and band gigs I worked for YEA. Always so easy to work with... a total pro, and a great guy. Many good times with him.

May he rest in peace.

• Like 3