Cadets 2018

4 hours ago, Slingerland said:

My guess is that they're afraid that if GH was moved out, the whole thing would collapse under its own weight, because no one else would be ready to take charge of the various pieces. Whoever the director of USBands is within the company is the person who should be being groomed as GH's successor, but if they can't keep anyone in the gig, that doesn't bode well for a successful transition. Oh well.

Can any board not see what Hopkins is doing? His MO has always been to build an organization that is likely to collapse without him as a poison pill for any change of leadership. It blows my mind that any average businessperson would allow such leadership and management malpractice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Can any board not see what Hopkins is doing? His MO has always been to build an organization that is likely to collapse without him as a poison pill for any change of leadership. It blows my mind that any average businessperson would allow such leadership and management malpractice.

Have you not noted how few true business people are on that board? There are medical practitioners, musicians, and educators for the most part, no?

The BoD turnover seems as frequent as the YEA office staff if one compares the 2016 list with the present list on today's YEA web page. web page  https://yea.org/home/about scroll to bottom of page.. Check the 2016 thread mentioned above. And posters note neither is an accurate list because of the revolving door.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Hmmmmmmmm,...no can't say it.lol

8 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Sure. The Cadets alum on Bostons board see it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

One among many reasons they’re a third or fourth tier corps these days. The bottom will drop out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

One among many reasons they’re a third or fourth tier corps these days. The bottom will drop out. 

Gotta to disagree with that Jim. THE ADMINISTRATION IS NEVER THE CORPS. It's always up to what the mms do on the field that shows what tier a corps is in, even if the design is poor (example the 15 hornline, the previous drumline, etc.)

• Like 2

Really?  You don't think that an inept, cash-strapped, outdated, autocratic administration won't have any effect on how a corps places?     

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Gotta to disagree with that Jim. THE ADMINISTRATION IS NEVER THE CORPS. It's always up to what the mms do on the field that shows what tier a corps is in, even if the design is poor (example the 15 hornline, the previous drumline, etc.)

the corps can only do with what they are given, both administratively and with design. 

I still remember the rumor floating around Allentown in 11, with the corps apparently texting people asking for food when they got there. i dont know if true or not, but I do know a parents group organized a mass pizza order for after the show. The member I knew just said " i dont want to talk about it, I have a week left". Got their ring, never marched again even with a few years of eligibility left.....and still won't talk about it. 

Trust me, I marched in a talented corps that went from champs to basically dead in 2 years despite the members best efforts. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, craiga said:

Really?  You don't think that an inept, cash-strapped, outdated, autocratic administration won't have any effect on how a corps places?     

didn't say that at all. You sound like contemporary media with fake news and their political agenda. 

You must be very near that Quebec border of the US as you usually speak a very different language from what I say in my posts. Quel dommage.