Cadets 2018

26 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Everybody is so far off ...

the roles of the four singers are Agnetha Fältskog, Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson, and Anni-Frid Lyngstad.

Cadets recruiting pitch for that show:

"Take a chance on us" :tongue:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

Presumably WSS would "cast" Tony, Maria, Anita, and...Bernardo, presumably? Or different singers taking on different roles at different points in the show.

Since GH says he likes current better than retro, and given the events at YEA and in the nation the past year, if they do WSS it would be:

"The Life and Times of Officer Krupke."

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

Since GH says he likes current better than retro, and given the events at YEA and in the nation the past year, if they do WSS it would be:

Buddy Boy.....the Riff story

• Haha 1

Am I the only one that thinks they are not doing Bernstein, and will not be involved with the NY Phil?

GH has been suspiciously quiet on this front during his videos, and any information that has been released.  Which leads me to think the deal fell through.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree with Bernstein

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cadet93 said:

Am I the only one that thinks they are not doing Bernstein, and will not be involved with the NY Phil?

GH has been suspiciously quiet on this front during his videos, and any information that has been released.  Which leads me to think the deal fell through.

Maybe he's thinking retreads of shows from 30+ years ago aren't the way to the future after all. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Maybe he's thinking retreads of shows from 30+ years ago aren't the way to the future after all. 

let us PRAY!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cadet93 said:

Other than GH, Shanefield, Shane and the design team, we have no way of knowing.

Too often in some posters' idle time, what designers refer to negative space and most of us call silence, the bored imagine great epics of their own imaginative thinking.

For instance, NYC might have told GH he made too much noise pre-season last year, so be quiet until all ducks are in a row for '18.. They might not have been pleased with the DCI scores attained by the corps or the 7th place finish. They might have disagreed with what selections the corps wanted for the summer season and what the Philharmonic wants to push for the 100 birthday concert (which seems more obvious when the corps has already announced a June DCI tour to California rather than the originally announced June concert with the NYPhil at Central Park as given in the Cadets' press releases last season.)  Or they might have been embarrassed by and did not want in any way to be in the shadows of the going ons with GH, YEA and Allentown as recounted on by DCP and reddit posters. And of course, maybe BAC made the NYPhil. a better $$$ offer. We don't know. No one on DCP knows 100 % sure about what has not been announced.

The poster's comments may be true but may also be false and nothing more than bored, even paranoid speculation.

Wait another week. I'm sure that come auditions on 11/12 there will be more substantial fodder for rumors, maybe even a press release.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 9:07 PM, xandandl said:

they aren't doing WSS - C2 would "Maybe" do it - Cadets won't play it again for a long long long time

On 11/3/2017 at 11:04 PM, cadet93 said:

IMO there is a high probability this is the case - but that's based on inference and not any insider type information because I have none